I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 27

I hugged my pillow re-enacting what he said, "You can't fall in love-

"-as if I would Sasuke-kun!" I threw the pillow on the wall and fell back to the bed.

"But the chocolates were good." A smile crept to my face as I thought of it. "And the flowers..they're beautiful." I turned my head and stared at the flowers I placed in a porcelain vase.

The feeling was happy even though it wasn't real. But most of all, father was quite satisfied tonight.

Good job Sasuke-kun.

A week had passed and I noticed that father became less hot-headed. He even returned my phone yesterday but still not allowed to leave home. Little by little, I feel like becoming human again.

But alas! Looks like I will have to be careful again with the prying eyes of people. I was able to read an article online about Sasuke caught with the bouquet of roses he had given me. Good thing they didn't tail him to his destination though there was a sentence that got my attention.

'Speculations are Uchiha-san is rekindling his relationship with Hyuuga Hinata after an eight-month cool off OR pursuing a blossoming relationship with supermodel KARiN.'

I cringed as I can foresee this will be trouble on the future.

Karin...

I almost choked when I saw a side by side photo of me and her. How can be the writer be so mean! I look a hundred times uglier beside her!

Whatever! I don't even care anymore.

I carried my traveling backpack and went down stairs where father was waiting. We were invited by the Uchihas to a family vacation for three days. This is the perfect chance to make them believe of our relationship. It will be tough but I should do it.

We left before the sun had risen and got to the place barely before lunch time.

This is by the way, my very first expedition after which seem like forever stuck inside home. Finally, I was able to see the world again! The sun looks a lot brighter that my eyes hurts while it adjusted.

The Uchiha's vacation house was beautiful but not so big. It's rather simple but what keeps it special is its location. It's situated just beside the beach.

We were welcomed by Sasuke's parents at the door. And since I'm wearing again a jacket, I was able to hide my bruises. The one on my cheek had already lightened, barely noticeable.

The Uchiha's home is adorned with some wood-carved animal statues, classic paintings on the wall and other things that added to the earthly feeling of the house.

"Hinata-chan! I'm glad you came." Itachi appeared behind me. I was startled.

"Hello I-Itachi-san, t-thank you for inviting us here." I bowed.

"Of course, my future sister-in-law is always welcome here!" He smiled.

"..." did he just said sister-in-law?

Our parents gave a laugh. This is weird-weird seeing my father laugh. It is supposed to be a light moment but I find it rather horrifying.

"Itachi, why don't you help Hinata-chan to her room?" His father said.

"Of course, father." He then extended his right hand and pointed to the hallway. "This way, Hinata-chan", he smiled and walked ahead.

"Thanks." I followed him leaving father who continued talking with the Uchihas.

"I heard my brother went at your home last week to make up with you." He asked while I followed him.

"H-Hai." I stared at his back.