I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 26

"H-Hello?" My heart dropped as it was only an answering machine.

An answering machine?!

I honestly don't know what to say when the beep came for the voice message.

"S-Sasuke-kun? I-I know it's sudden and I'm so sorry to bother you. I'm..I'm.. Let's do the fake marriage!" With that I ended the call.

This is embarrassing but I have to do it for my sister's sake!

An hour passed and surprisingly I saw father's car return home.

I immediately hid Hanabi's phone in my drawer as I saw father rushing inside. Not long enough he barged into my room and spoke sternly, "Sasuke called me. He's coming in a while and wants to talk to you. I want you to get ready. Remember to abide to my conditions, else, your sister will have to suffer your consequences!" He went out and shut the door.

Why does he need to go here? But I'm glad he immediately took action.

I took a deep breath. I shouldn't worry. I just have to pretend. Someday this will all end.

I opened my closet and picked a nice blue dress.

Do I really have to dress nicely for that guy?

I went out and went straight to my sister's room. She was crying in fear.

"Hush. You don't have to cry anymore." I wiped her tears. "I'm talking to Sasuke-kun when he gets here. I'll give what father wants so he doesn't involve you to this problem."

Hanabi stopped crying, "You're-"

I nodded.

"W-Why" she gave me a confused look.

I pushed a hair behind her ear, "For you..and for everyone's sake."

"I wish I can help you, onee-san." Hanabi said.

"You already did." I held my sister's hands and gave back her phone. "You left this in my room and because of that I was able to call Sasuke."

"Now, stay here and take a rest. Let me handle the rest of it." I patted her head before I went down our living room.

I was anxious while waiting.

How do I act when he arrives?

What should I tell?

How should I greet him?

Can we pull off this show?

What if father discovers our plan?

Sasuke-kun I'm trusting you with this game.

Save us!

I sat on one of the couches, my thoughts filled with so much anxiety.

Aaaarrggghh! Sasuke-kun would surely laugh at me for taking back those words I said last night.

If there's only other way...

I clenched my fists and ran back to my room jumping straight to my bed.

I stuffed my face into my pillow, "I can't do this!" I laid in my bed as if it would change what's to happen next.

The door clicked open and I heard somebody come in.

"Hinata." A hand dragged my injured arms and I winced in pain. "He's here, now act accordingly. Oppose me again and you'll be sorry after."

And so I got out of my room and went down the hallway with a fast beating heart.

"Sorry to keep you waiting. Here she is." Father spoke.

Nervously, I stepped out behind my father with my head down. "G-Good evening."

"Good evening." He spoke in his usual bored yet seemingly serious tone.

Why can't I sense any nervousness in his voice? I carefully looked up to take a glance on him and I was surprised.

He was in full gear like what a suitor should be. On his right hand was a box of chocolates I guess and a bouquet of white roses on his left. He was staring at me but I quickly lose the staring game and broke it; catching a glance at my father who was staring on me as well.

"A-Ano...." I started as looked back to Sasuke's hands. "Ah! Thank you."

Right. I should be receiving those flowers and chocolates.

He handed it to me and I gave him a little shy smile.

"What happened?" He was referring to my bruises in my arms and cheek.

"I..I fell off my bed! He he!" I gave a chuckle as my father crossed his arms.

"She's pretty careless sometimes." Father added.

"Hyuuga-san, if you wouldn't mind, I would like to speak with your daughter in private." Sasuke said.

"Okay." My father frowned. "Hinata, treat your visitor well. Sasuke, make yourself at home." He gave a tap Sasuke's shoulder before he went up, maybe to his room.

When he was gone our sight, I motioned Sasuke to sit on the couch as I sit next to him.

"Uhm...You don't have to bring flowers and chocolates you know." I told him.

"You don't have to lie about those bruises as well." He replied. "Are you hurting yourself again?" He doubted.

"N-No! This was just really by accident." I said in my most convincing tone.

"Fine. So then why did you suddenly take my offer? Are you getting sick stuck in this house?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Sort of.-" I was cut off.

"Then be ready for what's to happen next", he smirked.

I looked at him, "What are you planning? Remember this has only to be not real and you will help me as a friend. That's what you said before."

"Of course, I know that well. I have cleared firsthand that this is only to repay all my inconvenience to you." He turned to me.

"But first a game wouldn't be a game without rules." He leaned in closer.

My reflex brought me to distance back quickly.

He leaned closer again. His face a few inches from mine.

I gasped as I closed my eyes and turned away , "First rule! No kissing!"

I heard him chuckled, "Fine."

Eh? Seriously? He easily agreed on that?

I was caught off guard with my thoughts as he swiftly went closer. Holding my breath, he whispered to my ear, "Second rule. You can't fall in love."

He stood from the couch and sighed. "I hope we are clear with rules."

"H-Hai." I was speechless-still in the state of shock of what he just did.

"I wouldn't stay any longer. I'm still in the middle of a meeting and just dropped by to confirm that you really are accepting my help." He walked to the direction of the door.

"Sasuke-kun!" I stood and took a few steps towards him as he stood still.

"Thank you."

He waved his hand without looking back, "Please tell your father I'm going ahead." He continued walking out to his car.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Here comes Super Sasuke to the rescue! LOL

Good night!
キラキラ!