I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 8

"Hinata", he whispered into my ear.

That's it! I'm screaming for help!

I turned around to face him and quickly leaned forward to stand up.

"SASU—!!!"

Splat!

"OUCH!" I said while rubbing my forehead. My body fell back to where I was sitting.

"OH! I'm s-sorry" Sasuke panicked, though he returned to his cool attitude immediately. He cleared his throat. "If you didn't lean forward you shouldn't be hit with this." He brought the book infront of Hinata's eyes.

He stared at the girl. "Why are you shouting anyway?" He said.

"A-And why did you w-whisper in m-my ear?" She asked in return.

"Oh..so you were scared?" He smirked. "Well, I did that because I've been calling you so we could begin our practice but you were spacing out—maybe daydreaming of that blonde idiot."

"I'm not!" She blushed. "I-I-I w-was—there's a big spider on the table!"

'Oh great.. what a lame excuse! I hope he believes it. I can't say that I'm suspecting him from doing something bad to me.'

He laughed. "Whatever! You know, you can daydream of him all you want after the practice."

I glared at him. "I-It's t-true! And I-I'm not d-daydreaming!" I noticed the black book he has been holding."A-Anyway, w-what is that b-book?"

He handed it to me and he returned to sit on his bed.

I opened the book and began to flick the pages slowly. "Oh..this is a lot." I said.

"For you to have a lot of choices, of course." He replied.

"I didn't k-know you l-love m-music, U..U-Uchiha-san. A-And all of the music are r-rock songs huh." I'm trying to tease him.

"Actually, that is my brother's lyrics book. I just borrowed it last night. And don't call me Uchiha-san, just Sasuke." I blushed at his last sentence.

"I-I-I s-see, U-Uchi.. S-Sasuke.. S-Sasuke-kun." Sasuke smirked inwardly.

"Well, have you chosen a song already?" He asked.

"N-Not yet. A-Ano.. How about y-you? H-Haven't you chosen a s-song yet?" I asked him.

He put both of his arms at the back of his head and fell back to his bed. "Any song from that book is fine with me so just wake me up once you have chosen a song."

I looked at him to protest but his eyes were already closed with his earphones plugged in his ears.

'I hate you Uchiha Sasuke'

Well, I hate him because he is the reason why my father isn't proud of me. I can't surpass him in academics. The same is through Sakura—but I don't hate her. I also hate this duck butt hair boy because he calls my love an idiot.  

I sighed while I tried to sit comfortably on the chair to ease the hatred rising on my head. I continued scanning the pages of the book—Linkin Park, Simple Plan, Incubus, Fall Out Boy, etc. I can't sing any of their songs! I can't imagine myself singing rock songs!

-After a few minutes-

Sasuke was in the middle of his dream. It was a heavenly dream. He was playing with kids in white dresses which he believed to be angels. Soon, a familiar voice called his name. He turned around to see Hinata dressed like those kids. The only difference is that she is wearing a flower crown.

"Sasuke-kun." She said.

"Yes?" Sasuke asked.

'She's beautiful.' He blushed with that thought on his mind. Hinata chuckled upon seeing the boy with a dust of pink forming on his cheeks.

"S-Sasuke-kun!!" Hinata shouted.

He raised his brow. 'Why is she shouting at me?'
"Sasuke-kun.." This time it was a whisper.

As his soul went back to reality, his eyes opened only to be greeted with a pair of pale lavender eyes.

Her eyes went wide as she step back immediately. "A-A-Ano.." She began blushing like a tomato.

"W-What are you doing?!" Sasuke immediately turned to his side so that Hinata couldn't see him blush. "I'm still sleepy."

"Oh." That was all Hinata could say.

Trying to break the silence in the room, he spoke up. "So, what song are we going to sing?"

"T-This one on the l-last p-page." She slowly extended her arm to hand it to Sasuke who still has his back faced to Hinata. "A-Ano, I-I w-was just t-trying to scare y-you. Are you a-angry?" With that, Sasuke turned aound and took the book from Hinata.

"No. Nevermind." He took a closer look at the open page of the book.

"W-What is this?" Sasuke exclaimed.

Hinata gave him a questioning look while Sasuke was rubbing his head.

"My brother sings this song?", was Sasuke's horrified question.

The door opened without warning. "Hi! Eat your snacks first my dear Sasuke and Hinata-chan!" She placed the tray at the table near Sasuke's bed.

"T-Thanks!" Hinata smiled brightly with a little pink blush on her cheeks.

"Come on, let's eat this fast and we're heading to the music room after so we could start the practice. And please think of another song. I don't think I can sing that song infront of many people and I know you don't like the song as well." Sasuke said as he give the plate with a slice of cake to Hinata.

"B-But I k-kind of like the s-song—" Hinata said shyly.

"W-What?" Sasuke almost choke upon hearing her words.

"I-I said, I kind of l-like the song." Hinata repeated.

Sasuke knew that he is going to be in a big trouble.

---           ---           ---           ---           ---           ---           ---           ---           ---  
Hehe. What else do you think is Sasuke going to do with Hinata, huh? :))

Sorry for the late update, I was so busy in the real world. Hehe. But I'm glad I now have followers and votes on my story. Those things really means a lot. You don't know how much you guys make me happy. It makes me feel loved and I feel like my story is appreciated. Again, thanks everyone!

Don't worry because I will surely complete this story of mine. And we're not yet at the peak of the story so wait for it! Haha :)