I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 22

The words I heard were like curse to my ears.

"Marry Uchiha Sasuke."

I stared at my father with an even shocked face.

"The Uchihas and I had a talk just awhile ago over the phone-no, actually we've been talking about it years ago as a key to solidify the relationship between our companies, but since like fate wants it sooner, then we agreed that this is the right time", my father said proudly.

I sat on my bed and opened my mouth to speak but my father continued, "You're useless and I guess being with the Uchiha is the only right thing you did in your whole life."

No! What's going on?! What are you talking about?!

"I didn't know you're going out with their son. That really got me surprised." He chuckled. "Who would've thought he would fall in love to a person like you. The young Uchiha must've had a really shallow mind and taste for women."

I clenched the blanket on my lap. This can't be! Why is my father forcing me to marry Sasuke!

"Anyway, at least his ignorance is at our advantage." He chuckled even more.

"My words are the rules and you have no right to object to anything I say. You're to stay in this house until you've finally learned to comply to my condition. Understood?" He looked at me seriously while he rested a hand on my shoulder. "He is leaving the country today so the next time you and the young Uchiha meet, I want you to apologize to him and ask him for marriage." He patted my shoulder firmly.

I could feel myself on the brink of breaking down.

He walked out of my room and before he closed the door he spoke, "Remember. Marry the Uchiha and only then I shall forgive you."

I clenched my blanket even tighter as I was left speechless unable to defend myself.

Why..Why can't I do anything!

I wanted to scream my defiance to my father's face awhile back but I always feel like a tiger turned into a kitten infront of him. If I talk back I would surely get a beating in return.

Why can't I fight for myself!

Why does it always have to go your way?

I don't want to marry Sasuke-kun!

I don't want to!

Is this all I can do? To cry? To drown in tears until my eyes feel sore?

When will I be able to go outside again? When I agreed to marry that guy?

After pushing me away from Naruto-kun, I'm all his now?

No way! That would never happen, ever! There would be some other way to get out of this hell for sure!

I hate you, Sasuke-kun. I wish you never come back.

I wish you hated me too for hating you.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Helloooo! ⭐

Again, it's been awhile! I've been wanting to update the story for a very long time already. I know some of you have been waiting for ages for the update and just like everyone I wanted to see the end of this story soon. So from now on I'll be making updates on the story more often but with shorter chapters. Is everybody okay with that? ლ(ఠ﹏ఠლ)~♡

Good night! ⭐