I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 18

"I don't want it anymore." I muttered while searching for that sharp object.

Something sharp and deadly. Where is it?

I kept searching in the drawer begging for it to surrender into my hands.

I've had enough. Why do these things keep happening to me? I am hated by most and a burden to my family. Why do they hate me? What have I done for them to resent me. WHY?!

My eyes were getting blurry from tears forming in my eyes as I ravage my drawer. I pulled the drawer and threw it on the floor. My things scattered on the ground. I kneeled and as I swiped off the unnecessary things, for the moment a shiny thing caught my eye.

I picked it and turned it left and right. The way the light reflects and shines through the blade was just so admirable. How can this little thing be the answer to everyone's prayers? I smiled as I wiped my tears away.

This is it.

I sat on the floor and lifted the left sleeve of my jacket to expose my wrist.

"Look how pale your wrists are." I told myself. "We need to paint them, I guess with red. People would love to see your wrists with color red on it." I continued as I slowly hover the blade on my wrist. I brought it down and let it touch my skin.

Feeling the blade over my skin makes me feel excited. If people would see me right now, would they even cheer me up to do it? I'm sure my father would be infront and would be the first one to say that I should do it. Wait, would he even bother to see me when I die?

Never mind, but at least this would give him some peace of mind. Father would have one less of his problems when I'm gone. It would be the least that I can do to help my father to be at ease.

I looked at my wrist and dug it in my skin. I cringed at the feeling of the blade that tear my skin.

Naruto-kun...I'm sorry for everything. I was so naive. Sorry that I took what you've said before so seriously. We were still too young back then. It was right that we were at the age where promises were treated carelessly. But nevertheless, I believed in you-because I love you.

I stared at my wrist while blood slowly emerged on the torn skin and surrounded the metal.

You should've said it sooner that it was just a joke or whatever your reason is. I probably wouldn't have ended up this way. My life should've been less of a mess right now.

I'm sorry Naruto-kun, Sakura-san-for I have involved you in my stained life. I'm sorry for what I did last night, it wasn't my intention. The truth was just really too hard for me to accept. I was so blinded by love.

I'm sorry. I wish you all forgive me for what I've done.

Holding my breath, I swiftly drag the blade across my wrist. But halfway through it I heard series of knocks on my door. It startled me so much that I dropped the blade on the floor.

Who could that be?

The knocking continued as if it this someone is so eager to talk to me but I hesitated to stand unless I know who it is.

And how dare this person interrupt my departing moment?!

I picked the blade again and hovered it into my bleeding wrist. Nobody can stop me. I've made up my mind.

The next thing really scared me. I heard a knock on my window which made me gasp.

"Hinata! I know you're there! Why aren't you answering my calls?" shouted the man. It was Kiba. I sighed.

I looked at the wall clock, it was 8:40 in the evening. What is he doing here?

He slammed on my window again, "Hinata!" I heard him run through the front door next. He kept calling my name.