I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 32

December 27th. 

I woke up to somebody calling my name.

I frowned as I try opening my eyes.

"Happy Birthday Onee-san!" Hanabi popped a confetti. The tiny pieces of colored papers showering over my head.

I jumped at the sound of it and I immediately covered myself with my blanket.

"Hahaha! Onee-san!" She jumped on my bed and hugged me with just the blanket keeping me away from her. "Did I scare you?" She was laughing.

"Please don't do that again." I spoke under my blanket.

I peered through the blanket and met face to face with my sister who was smiling at me, "Happy Birthday Onee-san!"

"T-Thank you." I woke up only to freak out with the mess that was on my bed. I squinted my eyes and gave a stare to my sister.

"Hehe! I know.." Hanabi scratched her head. "I'm gonna go clean that later but for now you should get out of bed!" She pulled me out of my room.

"Eh? W-Wait! Hanabi! Where are we going?" I was dragged down at the living room where some people are waiting.

"Happy Birthday Hinata!!!" And there was another set of confetti. I easily get surprised by sudden sounds.

The people I noticed were father..wait, I'm glad he agreed on participating to this surprise.. Kiba, Shino and our maids.

By the way, it was only Kiba-kun who shouted happy birthday and the only one who looks excited aside from Hanabi.

"Shino-kun! Kiba-kun!" I approached them.

"Happy Birthday Hinata!" They both said.

I almost forgot, I turned to my father, "Father, thank you." And he gave me a nod and a little smile before he left us.

"How did you like father's surprise?" Hanabi asked.

"T-This was father's idea?"

"Yeah. He said he wanted you and your friends to have some time after not seeing each other for a long time. So I asked them last night to come here today." She said proudly.

"Wow. Thank you, Hanabi. And please say my thanks to father." I said.

"Sure!" And my sister went back up stairs while the maids went back to their duties.

I am still not used to father being like this. Am I dreaming or what?

"Hinata!" Kiba said happily as he hugged me. "Finally an alone time with just us three!" He grinned.

"R-Right!" I smiled at them both. "How are you, Kiba-kun? Shino-kun?"

"Eh, we're doing fine." Kiba replied. "How about you? What the hell were you doing abroad for almost a year?"

"Abroad?" I raised a brow.

"What's with that reaction Hinata?" Kiba stared at me with an obvious doubt written on his face.

"Your father said you took a vacation at your cousin's home abroad." Shino spoke.

"Ah! Yeah! I did went there. Hehe!" I chuckled. "Sorry, my mind's a bit lost right now."

"Yeah. Yeah... You're gone for so long and now you show up and you're getting married. That's not fair!" Kiba crossed his arms.

"Hehe. Forgive me Kiba-kun, I'm sorry."

"Well, at least nothing had changed between us." Shino said.

"Yeah, Shino. You're still as mysterious and silent as before." Kiba snorted.

"I'd rather observe than bark like a dog." Shino replied.