6.2 Reed Clubhouse and Function Room

Why would it say Winters?? It's supposed to say 'GEOFF'S CLUB AND FUCTION HOUSE' not 'REED CLUB AND FUNCTION HOUSE'

Why is it my last name? Why is it our family name? Is it because we moved away? Wait, did my Dad survive? Did he get everyone else out where I couldn't?

In a moment I took off running, with only one destination in mind.

The cemetery.

If my Dad's grave isn't there then...he's alive.

Oh my god, my dad could be alive!

I mean it'd make sense... It's a family he saved, and she did a lot for the community thanks to our Dad so that works out... oh my god. Please let this be a thing. Please let this be real!

I don't know if I could have run any faster towards it. And luckily it wasn't that far away either.

My hear was beating so fat I could hear it, but didn't really know what it was beading for. Whether it be for the fact that my dad could be still alive or all this running.

The gates were wide open, as they always were. The fines that crawled up around there remained untouched, as I had watched them grow from mere sapling.

I took my moment to breathe at the gate, with my stomach sinking at the thought that his grave wouldn't be there. But I stepped in, a wave of eeriness washing over me.

Second row.

One, two.

17th stone.

What would I say to him? I could cry and hug him. Tell him how much I missed him and all the stories I could think of that he's missed.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5,

We could go and play softball again, run around with the twins at the park, or maybe about my crushes on boys.

6, 7, 8, 9, 10,

We could be a happy family again.

11, 12, 13, 14, 15.

I can see the shape, the rectangular shape with a diamond pattern scuplted into it which decorated the sides.

16..

"Seventeen" I breath, as I counted the stones. "Number seventeen."

My heart began being faster and my breath was shaken...he's still gone.

"Damn it!" I hissed throug clenched teeth, wit my tears begining to fall. "DAMN IT!" I shouted this time, running my hands through my hair and gripping on tight.

Why the hell did I let myself think like that.

Of course he's still gone.

I froze for a second, trying to process the difference.

"Here lays Geoff Reed, loving father, husband and son." Now that was the normal part, but what followed took my breath away, "May he rest in peace, with his family by his side."

My heart skipped a beat as I quickly looked to the next stone. An almost identical one.

"Here lays Kylie Reed, loving mother, wife and daughter. May she rest in piece with her family by her side." I read those words aloud, but that's all that they felt right to me. Words.

It took it's time to sink in. More tears fell from my eyes as those words finally found their meaning... "Mum..."

But it got worse. The next stone to the right was larger than my mum and dads, only slightly. engraved on the stone was a pair of hands holding one another. It was for Jade and Cleo aged both four years old.

And the next...it belonged to Paige, aged at 1 year old.

"No," The word fell from my mouth, "No this is wrong." More tears fell from my eyes, "I saved them. I got them out."

Not this time...

I looked towards the next grave stone and I just felt nothing.

Alexia Reed.

That was my name. On a grave stone.

"I died..."

Oh my god I died, I'm dead. My hand flew to my heart, and I could still feel it beating heavily. I am alive. Right?

I think seeing my own stone broke me. Ironically, this reality isn't real. I am alive, I exist. I can pinch my skin.

I lay myself down on the mix of Graz and dirt. I can feel both as I run my hand over them and picking up a rock. My tears had stopped. "You're alive," I tell myself as I begin to calm down, "You're here. You're family is at home. They're safe and not..." I rolled my head to look at the stones.

I didn't finish my sentence, there was no point.

I stood, and thought about my next move. I think the only place that I can go from here is the police station. They'd have all the records and things there, so at least I can find out some things. Maybe what went wrong?

Yeah... I don't know if this is the right idea...but it's one at the very least.

...

I walked into the station and was greeted at the desk by Sargent Roberts, one of the main police from our town. "Um," I approach with a small bit of vervousness sneaking into my voice, "Hi there sir."

"Hey there darl, are you ok?" He asks, looking t me slightly concerned.

My hands flew to my face and I could feel the dirt and tears still there, "Oh," I muttered as I began waiting them away with the sleeve of my jacket, "Yeah no, I'm good. I just have a couple of questions."

"I think that's normally our job,sweetheart." He jokes and I on;ly huff laugh at his joke. "Er, how can I help?"

I took a deep breath, "I'm doing a school project on old tragedies in Bremin for extra credit."

He nodded at me, "Strange topic," he mutters, "but alright, now I can't give you all the classified information because we'll...You know..." he looked at me with a shrug, to which I nodded in agreement, understanding. "But these were the media released."