5.5 The Talisman

"Felix...what the hell is going on?" I say wandering around the house, as a small group of bees tried to follow me around the house, but they also seemed to stay by Felix and Oscar.

He just shrugged, thinking over, "Weird weather, creepy things that go bang in the night. Now, crazy bees!" As if an idea sparked in his head, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small handful of clear plastic rocks. "Be gone! Behold, the repelling power of the crystals!"

"What are you doing?" I ask quizzically, noticing that nothing changed. With Oscars questioning glance, I thought out loud, "I think Oscar might think you're insane."

The boy didn't stop staring at his older brother...or well, his 'older brother'. "There are 23 different alien species living among us right now. Communicating via telepathy. Maybe you two are some of them. The bees can tell."

"We have to get help." Felix smirks looking at his brother.

Oscar shook his head, "'We'? You have to get help. I'm gonna stay here, make a sandwich."

I cocked my head to the side, "You want to be stuck here with them?"

"What if they get in here?" Felix gave me a small glance with a smirk attached to it, "Can you imagine what it'd be like to be killed by ten thousand bee stings?" Felix hissed in pain thinking about it, "Excruciating..."

An idea sparked in Oscars head as he quickly moved past me and into the kitchen. He stretched out his arm to reach up to the cupboard, pulling out spray can upon spray cans of bug spray. "Lucky my Mum is mental about insects. Apparently, these are much better at protecting us from bees."

By the looks of things, Felix knew there were more, "You got any more?"

"Yeah..." he manages to pull out more, tossing one at me.

Felix looked out the window, "Ok, the enemy are out the front. So we need to take the secret escape route." His little brother was just shocked, "Through the neighbour's yard."

Oscar was dumbfounded, "How do you know about the secret escape route?" Felix just smirked at Oscar before moving onwards, "Whoa, telepathy!"

...

We ran, as fast as we would and we managed to dodge and weave in and out do the way of the bees.

"Felix!" I shouted during the madness, trying not to run in front of the guy, because I had no idea where we were going, "Where are we going?"

He turns to me, "We need to get to the magic shop. This is clearly not normal."

I rolled my eyes, not bothering to react. Clearly this is not normal. Does he think this is magic? Well, there's not much else that it really could be.

Soon enough the magic shop came into view, as we rushed inside, slamming the door shut behind us.

"Quite an entrance who are you trying to scam today?" Phoebe retorts as we enter.

Oscar behind us began walking around, like he was on a mission, holding the spray can tightly. He saw a bee inside the shop and shot it down like it was a gun.

Felix marched his way up to the counter, slamming down the backer of plastic rocks, "Useless."

Phoebe rolled her eyes, "I could have told you that."

Felix wasn't giving up, "I need the book." He demanded almost taking Phoebe by surprise, but she didn't seem to phased by it.

"The book you stole from my store room?" She retired.

"I borrowed it! For half a minute." He tried time defend himself, but he didn't really do the best job.

Oscar chimes in from the back of the shop, I-I think he's an alien. He's got telepathy." He stutters out, very convinces that's he was correct.

"Really?" Phoebe smirks looking Felix in the eye as she leans forward on the counter, "What am I thinking?

The goth boy thought it over for a moment, before smirking, "You're thinking I hate teenage boys and I wish they would stop coming into my shop."

She was surprised, and I couldn't but drop my mouth.

"Close enough." She says, leading us into the back room, past the needs that hang over the door.

The back room was like I remembered. Maybe a few changes here and there but it's essentially the same. Just like Alice left it.

"You sure you didn't just Disturb their hive?"

I shook my head, "No we didn't. They even chaser us into the house, then they chased us here."

Felix chimes in, "And before that, there was this strange, hellish storm."

Phoebe thought it over for a moment, humming as thoughts ran through her head, "Elemental attacks." She stated,

"Wait what?" I question, "Elemental attacks?"

"Earth, Fire, Water and Air are the building blocks of everything that we know, and for some reason, they appear hell-bent on ruining your day." She explains as we all crowd around a small table, looking at Felix intensely, "Most of the people that come into my shop are after scented candles and Dolphin statues, but you're different, Felix. Are you the real thing?" The look in her eye was stern, and she was not kidding.

Felix noticed this, "Will you help me if I am? Then, yes."

Phoebe look as him for one moment more before turning around and and digging through a drawer, "This is very special." She turns to us, holding a box in her hands, "It can protect against elemental attacks." We all look at it curiously, before she puts it down and picks up a familiar book.

"What is that?" Oscar gasps noticing all the scribbling within it.

"It's a book of shadows." I say without missing a beat. "It's got all her spells in it."

Phoebe turns to me surprised, but continues to flick to the book, "This is the spell to activate the talisman." She hands it Felix, "You do the next part."

The boy was taken back, "Why me?"

"I need to make sure you're for real."

She peeps the table, placing four bowls on the table, each with different elements. "Seal the circle." She says as she holds out her hands for us to grab. Urging Oscar to do so.

I grab onto Phoebe and Felix's hands as the boy began to chant, "Divinity of the Elements I summon Thee. Earth Water Air Fire. Within this stone, I invoke Ye place your greatest strength, your kindest grace. And while this stone remains at hand Thou shalt be safe throughout this land."

Phoebe without missing a beat, grabs the talisman and place sit around Felix's neck. "Behold, the Elemental Talisman."

Felix looked to his brother, before the two moved towards the back door, and I slowly followed. But as soon as we were outside, they attacked.

...