4.1 After the Storm Blows Through

the four boys were in a panic. Andy especially. The logistical side of his brain just refused to think of any other possibility.

"There's no such thing as ghosts! There's no such thing as ghosts! There's no such thing as ghosts!"

All the boys look to one another in panic, hearing a low roar, "What was that?" Sam asks with look of worry planted across his face.

Andy looked around, "A storm like this, could be anything!"

Felix shook his head. He knew what it was like, he knew that this wasn't normal. He saw Allie get dragged across the ground without anything around her. He saw that figure standing in the tree line. But it's not like any of them would believe him, "This is no storm!"

"What do you mean?" Andy was taken back by his sentence.

"There's something out there. You saw it." Felix turned to Sam and he only just shrugged.

"Well, maybe Andy was right. Maybe it's just the wind." Sam tried to convince himself more than anything.

The were a small wave of relief that washed over the four as the wind died down. They gave out a sight before it started up again.

"This is so messed up!"

Jake was in a small panic, "Never thought I'd say this but I'm kinda glad you guys are here."

Andy nodded, "If we do die, I'm glad we had this."

"Had what?"

"An adventure!"

...

Hours had passed and the storm raged on. Non stop slamming the of the wind against the already weak structure.

None of this noise woke Allie up.

The boys began to slowly fall asleep. Andy and Felix were out first, falling asleep.

Jake's conscious was getting to him, and he had to keep checking to see if she was alive...and she was, thank god.

But eventually he fell asleep too.

...
Allie P.O.V
...

I sat up quickly...with everything returning to me.

I was panting, out of breath. Why was I out of breath?

"Allie?" Sam was wrapped up in a blanket, sitting on a chair in the corner, just staring with joy and worry, "are you ok?"

I blinked a few times before calming down, "What happened?"

He shrugged, "I don't know. You collapsed and I caught you. You haven't woken up for hours."

I was caught off guard, "Hours?"

A stir from the left caused me to look down, "I feel like I've been dragged through a grand final." Jake mumbles sitting upright, before looking straight at me, "You're awake?"

I yawn, rubbing my eyes, "well yeah."

"And you're ok?" He seemed so concerned:

Was I ok? I felt fine I was just tired...that still doesn't really tell me what happened... "I guess so? I'm just tired. I don't really know what happened."

Andy slowly got up too, turning to Sam, noticing that he was wide awake too, "You didn't sleep, Sam?"

"Between your snoring and that storm? No chance." He shook his head, wrapping himself in the blankets more.

Felix sat up too, "It was no storm."

"Oh, what do you suggest then, Felix? Zombie apocalypse." Jake taunted, but he looked straight back at me after.

I don't know what happened...I wouldn't be able to tell him. "I'm fine,"

"I think there might be forces at play which we don't understand." Félix sighs, looking at me too, "you saw it?"

I shrugged, "Felix, I have no idea what's going on. I don't even know what happened to me. I've been told that I've been passed out for who knows how long? I don't even remember passing out!"

Felix seemed taken back by my little outburst. So none of us seemed to notice that the door opened. "Andy!" Felix leapt to his feet, racing out the door after the boy.

"Woah, guys," Andy said in awe. We all got up and followed him out, "Guys, you might want to see this."

We all followed Andy outside, and it was...quite a scene.

Leaves covered the ground, with pieces of branches and rubbish scattered everywhere. Everything looked like it belonged to a normal storm...well, if you exclude the scorch marks.

Black marks on the ground just spiralled the she we were in...

"Allie..."

A spiral flashed in front of my eyes, before it changed to a scene of the forest. It looks like an alter in the centre of the forest.

"Come to me..."

There I stood, alone in a warehouse, facing up against a twister. Just with a face on it...I could hardly work out who it was though...

"I need your help..."

Then it stopped...and the real world was back.

That was my dream...something so weird...

Felix caught my attention, "Don't do that" he shouts, as Jake kicks the black scorch mark.

"What's the big deal? Stuff gets knocked around in a storm."

Sam and I both looked pretty sceptical, "Yeah, knocked around. Sure."

"It looks like trails or markings. Some kind of large animal." Andy tries to reason out, looking at the destruction around us.

Jake just rolled his eyes, "What's the biggest thing around here? Wombats, wallabies, drunk townies?"

Andy's eyes lit up, "The panther. From the bush. That explains the howling."

"Genius..." Félix growled, annoyed with the two who were arguing with him.

"No, no, I've heard about!" Jake backs him up.

I don't feel like that's the answer though.

Andy still looked around the site, "It must have used the storm as cover." He said, "it would explain the howling."

I wish I could remember what happened. But, I don't think that's going to happen. This whole site though....just doesn't feel normal.