1.6 The Fall

I fall in step with Felix and try to lighten up the mood. "I vwant to suck your blood, bleh bleh bleh." I say, making a reference to a movie I haven't seen in ages.

I earn a smirk from Felix. "You'd be the vampire who dies in sunlight because you though it was pretty." He says.

I roll my eyes, but smile. "You're probably right,"

"You guys know it's not such a good idea to leave the path!" Andy call running after us, catching up to Felix and I, "can I see the map?" He asks trying to grab the map out of Felix's hand. He reacted and kept the map out of his reach.

That's a bit strange, I wonder what's going on? "Just concentrate on keeping up." Felix says, leaving a disappointed and annoyed Andy.

We must have been walking for another five minutes and there was no sign of a path, or a checkpoint, or any of the teams, or just people in general!

"Shortcut to where?" Jakes yells annoyed with what we found.

Felix frowned and looked at the map again, turning it around and round looking at it confusingly. "Well, it looked like a short cut." Andy tries to take the map again, and again Felix kept it out of reach.

Something's going on with him. I can just feel it.

"We should have brought a gps." Sam mutters pulling out his phone and holding it up for a signal. "Nothing."

I pull out mine too and find that I was in the exact situation. I turn off my phone to save its battery.

"We're officially nowhere!" Andy complains, "meaning that we're lost.

"Great!" Jake growls with annoyance. "Well done freak!" He snaps at Felix.

I glare at him. "Oi, back off. Just because we're lost doesn't mean you have to kill anyone."

"We aren't lost." Felix says as he looks across a cliff to the surrounding forest.

"That's gotta be a ten metre drop at the least." I says as Felix begins as he peers over the edge.
"Woah!", he says as he begins to fall forward, trying to reach For the map that just flew out of his hand.

"He's slipping!" Andy shouts as he reaches for Felix. Jake and Sam also join too trying to stop him from going over the edge...I don't know why but I felt like something pushed us over the cliff, rather then us just naturally falling down ourselves.

Speaking of the fall, I was the last ok to hit the bottom of the cliff, and I landing on something, or probably someone by the sounds of things. Who ever it was, I had landed on them, so that put bodies make a t-shape, which unfortunately made me very winded.

I sit up on my elbows, and look at my landing cushion...it was Jake. Of all the four boys here, it had to be Jake. Sir dirt-bag of the lot. Our stomaches were against one another and I sit up, getting distance between us. "Is everyone ok?" I ask looking around at the boys, they all slowly got up and said they were find.

"Yeah, but you could have crushed me." He says, although there was a slight smirk on his lips. I roll  eyes at him.

"Please, I'm not that fat." I retort getting a hand up from Sam. He's a pretty good guy believe it or not. I still think he's a total air head, but sweet none the less.

"Guys, that the wrong conversation to be having at this point in time." Andy mutters frantically searching around him. "Has anyone seen my back pack?" He asks searching.

I look at our surrounding area, but there was no sign of a back pack. "Andy, I don't see it."

Then Felix pipes up with the worst news imaginable. "Or the map?" He asks looking around him as well.

"You lost the map!" Jake snaps

"You're the map guy!" Andy scolds Felix

Sam shakes his head, "totally failed there dude." He says and and Felix rolls his eyes.

Everyone was quiet until I spoke up. "so, what do we do now?" I ask and no one would meet me in the eye.

"Bear Grylls would find a river." Andy states as a fact. Jake rolls his eyes at Andy.

"To do what? Get naked and eat a slug?" He retaliates and I shiver, not at the thought of Bear Grylls naked, although, that is a very cringe worthy sight, but rather the eating the slug part. God, I don't know how someone could eat like that!

"Ew..." I mutter. Andy looks at Jake with an annoyed expression.

"Water ways lead to civilisation." He says as if it were easy.

Sam suddenly gasps and looks like he has an idea on his face. "My dad reckons if you point the twelve on the watch at sun, then north will be between the hour hand and two." He says going to check his watch excitedly, but then his face falls when he realised that he didn't have an analogue clock. "But I guess her wasn't wearing a digital."

"Come on, let's go." Jake says walking in a general direction ahead. I hope he's not going to get us lost, well, even more lost.

After that, I kinda lost track of where we had been, and how long we'd been walking for. Every time I saw a new tree, it would fill me with hope, but then I realise that we'd already passed the area.

"Cooey!" Jake shouts into the bush with hands acting as a megaphone. His only reply was the echo of his own voice. I wish I had come out here more often, then maybe I might be a little more useful.

I sigh with frustration as we aren't getting anywhere. Unfortunately for these boys, I have an extremely short temper, hit to keep my cool, I kick a rock off I to the distance.