1.7 Around a fire

But I don't think I was the only one who's fed up with it all. "Food break!" Sam calls, obviously, the situation isn't feeding him enough.

"Dude, really?" I mutter sitting down on a log.

"What's wrong with your metabolism?" Andy says confused as to why Sam would need so much food.

Jake rolled his eyes annoyingly at us. "Guys, come on!" And like obedient dogs we follow what master. Just because he's bigger and stronger then us.

Why did I suddenly turn so metaphorical? Gosh I'm weird sometimes.

More aimless walking later and I was sure that we went in a circle, but it still didn't stop me from calling out to anyone who might be looking, "Bates!" I shout hearing my voice echo the same work back another few times.

"You know? You're pretty loud for a chick." Jake comments as he jumps over a fallen log. I follow in his example with ease.

"Thanks? I guess...anyone know the time?" I ask, causing Andy and Sam to check their watches.

"It's 4:08," Andy replies and Sam gets worried, heck even I'm worrying.

"They'll wait for us right?" He asks seeming really worried.

"I don't think they'd leave without us." I say trying to give him a little hope.

But I don't think the thoughts of a rescue would give him hope. It's the sight of Andy's backpack.

"That's your bag Andy." I point out before training in realisation.

"We've been walking in circles!" Jake voices my thoughts.

"Does it have any food in it? I could eat my own arm!" Sam complains.

I roll my eyes at his antics. God, how much does this boy eat? Like an entire farm for Breakfast? A zoo for dinner?

"You know your body can digest its own flesh." Andy says just stating the facts.

Sam curls his lip at him. "I was only joking!"

Andy frowns in realisation. "Oh,"

"They'll send a search party." Felix says.

"or a helicopter!" Sam adds in enthusiastically. I hope he's right, though, I think that it's more likely to be a trek through the jungle on a search party. Sam gets more excited when another idea pops into his head. "Hey! We're going to be on be on the news."

"Bear Grylls would light a fire." Andy says looking to the ground.

Jake rolls his eyes. "Any idiot would light a fire, haven't you been camping?" He asks.

"We're from Singapore, we don't camp we shop." He says and I can't help but give a little giggle.

There was more silence before I decided to keep getting out, "Mr Bates! Bates!" I shout at the forest but still the only reply was my own voice. I don't think it's going to be any use.

"Come on, let's light a fire and Hope that someone sees the smoke." Andy says bridge gathering sticks and things to make a fire and we all helped him.

So then, an hour later the sky turned dark and there was no sign of a rescue, but the cold began to creep up on us.

I wrapped my arms around my legs and rest my head on my knees. I should be warming up by the fire, but still it scares me. Maybe wearing shorts wasn't such a good idea.

"I'm freezing." Jakes says warming his hand by the fire.

"Yeah," Sam agreed.

"I chose the wrong day to wear shorts." I mutter.

"Then come closer to the fire." Sam says and I shake my head. I notice Felix and Jake's eyes widen with recognition, they remembered. Well, of course Jake would, but Felix? Maybe he found it interesting because it was a goth thing

"I'll survive." I tell him. I won't do too bad here, I've got a bit of cover from the tree thing I'm sitting next to and I also have this ant who refuses to be flicked off my hand. I admire his courage, I would be scared if I had to face something a hundred times my size. I'm going to name him Frank, because why not.