2.3 That's my Theory

"So, you think it's mass amnesia?" I question as Andy fills me in on what's going on. Or at least his version.

His maths checks out, and in theory it's possible, but it's really unlikely.

"It's the only possible explanation!"

As we begin to head down a hill, I spot the goth sitting down at an outdoor table and chair set.

"How's that theory holding up?" Jake mocks, and I notice the glare on his face.

"He doesn't exactly look like he's having a bad day." Sam points out, as we all approach.

Felix seems really happy to see all of us, greeting us with a wave and a smile, "Hey Guys!"

"You're home?" Andy questions.

He look to each of us confused, "where else would I be?"

There's something up with Felix. He's not himself. "Is everything ok?" I ask out of nowhere.

He just smiles at me and relaxes back into his chair, "Man, how good does it feel to be home after last night?" He says with glee.

"Yeah, about that-" Andy was cut off when a bubbly middle aged woman comes down the back door stairs and towards us.

"Well, I hope you like this." She sweetly smiles, holding a plate of fairy bread, "it's one of Oscar's favourites!"

Shouldn't Felix know that about his brother? I mean, Felix loves his brother, more than most people.

She eyes us off, "Friends of yours Felix?" She questions.

Felix nods, "yeah, these are the guys that helped me get back from the bush."

She's kinda acting as if she only just met him...her tone, it's the one your mother uses when you bring over a friend. The half fake one. Like they have present themselves really nicely to impress your friend. You guys know what I mean?

"Sounds like you guys had quite the adventure. Need me to get you anything else!" She offers to Felix.

"No, the fairy bread is great." He declines politely.

Sam began eyes off the plate of fairy bread, "oh man, I'm starving!" He exclaims, "I haven't eaten since..." he trailed off trying to think of the last time he ate.

"Since you ate all of Roland's food in front of us?" Jake retorts,

"That's right, whoops." He shrugs, "And I had a chicken." Sam said mindlessly, staring at the plate.

Felix sighs, with the roll of his eyes, "here," he says handing the starving boy the plate.

"We only have this sugar free stuff, so you'll have to drink three times as much," Oscar caught our attention from the back door as he begins to walk down the stairs.

As Oscar begins to walk down the stairs.

Now, I may not know Felix and his family very well, but one thing I do know is that his brother can NOT walk. Like, ever. There was some sort of accident and it stopped him from walking.

"Guys," I whisper, "He's walking."

Andy whispers back to me, in as much awe as I am, "he shouldn't be walking."

We all stand there in pure shock, where as Felix just acts as if this is normal. "Thanks Oscar!"

Sam basically drops what fairy bread he has from his mouth, "now my brain really hurts..."

Oscar notices sam holding the fairy bread, before turning to complain to his mother, "Mum! Did you make fairy bread!"

"Yeah! You love it!"

He rolled his eyes, "Yeah, when I was like 6!" Then he finally noticed us all standing there. "More visitors."

His mum looked so proud, "some of your new friends Oscar?" She asked, and the younger boy rolled his eyes once again.

"God you make me sound like a loser." He moaned.

I watched their Mum as she was heading up the stairs, she suddenly put a hand to her head, "I'm going to go have have a little lie down." She tells us before heading inside.

Jake growled at Felix, catching his attention, telling him that we needed to talk.

"Oscar, I'll be back in a second."

His brother nods, "ok. Did you make your move?" Talking about the chess game in front of him.

"Yeah, just a pawn." Felix replied as we get out of earshot of Oscar.

This is when Felix's mood changed, "what are you guys going here!"

Jake begins to be nasty, "why is your brother walking?"

Felix looks marvelled, "It's crazy right!"

"How is that even possible?" I ask, and Andy answers.

"It's not." Andy states.

"I know," Felix agrees before hearing his Mum at the door.

"Felix, did you want to stay for dinner?" She yells out.

No way, stay for dinner? Felix doesn't live here! I knew something was wrong here!!

"Yeah, thanks!" He shouts back cheery, "I'd like that!"

"Oh my god..." I whisper.

"Say for dinner!" Sam questions, "like you don't actually live here?"

Felix began to get defensive, "of course I live here!"

"Then how come your Mum called you a new friend?" Jake points out, putting Felix in a corner.

"They have no idea who you are!" I exclaim. The five of us are definitely connected.

The goth sighs, giving in, "look, I came home and it was like this." He looks back to Oscar, "Oscar can walk, but my family can't remember me. It's weird."

No kidding...