1.2 The School System

Once at school I notice that everyone is pretty much here already. I notice Mr Bates standing at the entrance of the bus and I have to go and hang in my note. "Morning Bates." I say cheerfully,
Knowing that he gets slight annoyed when I call him that. He smirks and returns the favour.

"Good Morning Alexia. How are we this morning." He says using my full name.

"When will you just call me Allie, Bates?" I complain knowing full why he does this.

"When you start addressing me as Mr Bates." He counters and I smile.

"I'll catch you later Bates." I say walking away form the bus because it isn't time for boarding yet.

I walk past the two well known goths of the school, Ellen and Felix. The two were dressed in black almost form head to toe. Sometimes it's kinda creepy but that's only on rare occasion. They seem like nice people, past all the eyeliner.

Then I noticed Mia standing by herself. The two of us were really good friends once upon a time, but we both just stopped talking to each other after what happened. Well, really I cut myself off from the entire world here in Bremin. I couldn't go to school for years, the fire was constantly on my mind and I just couldn't deal with it.

I did remember Bates from when I was a little younger though. When we did school projects and stuff, the junior school sometimes had to collaborate with the high school and that's how I meat Bates.

I watched as Mia smiled sweetly as her boyfriend showed up. Sam is his name, he wore a bright yellow shirt and skinny jeans. The two approached one another and began to kiss.

Ew. I'm sorry, but I'm not that kind of person her like to watch PDA, it kinda ticked me off. Who knows why though, but I'm not the typical girly girl who loves that kind of stuff.

The next person who caught my eye was an Asian Kid called Andy. I know I only recently started school, actually it was a couple of months ago, but I do notice a lot. Andy was the need of the school, and he knew it and was super proud. He came dressed in blue with think cost on and a faint back pack. Does he realise that we aren't hiking up a Mountain? It's only a short walk in the park. Andy heads straight over to Bates and hands him his note.

I think the two get into a conversation about the weather as they both looked at the overhanging grey clouds above us.

A foot ball whizzed past my head and I gasp in shock. Woah, that was close. Instead of hitting me, it hit Felix in the head. I grimace at the sight, that looked like it hurt.

"And he scores a goal for Bremin!" A voice called from the other direction. That voice came from our resident dick-head Jake Riles. His friends compliment him for the shot.

I remember hanging out with him when I was a lot younger then, like what happened to Mia, we just stopped. Not that I really care, I mean look at him! He's turned into the school yard bully.

Felix grumbles at Jake and his friends antics. "It hit the post." He retorts but Jake doesn't seem impressed.

I get up off the table and head towards the bus as Bates starts to signal the others to get on.

"Beat it freak." Jake says as he approached Ellen and Felix. Jake bends down to pick up the ball, but Ellen kicks it out of his reach

"Oops, sorry," she says with the venom laced through out her words. "I thought it was your head."  She remarks.

I chuckle at Ellen, God she's feisty. I walk past Jakes, saying "Burrrrrrrrn." Loud enough for Jake to hear. I look at him from over my shoulder and find him halting at me, though there is a slight smirk present on his face, but in an instant that disappears.