5.4 Bees?!

"Oscar?" A familiar voice fills my ears as my head snapped to the window of the little Den. "Oscar! I know you're in there!"

The boy huffs, throwing his magazine on the couch, "Can't people tell that I'm working here?" He unwillingly stands and heads over to the door, "Oh, the beast has left the swamp." He addresses the girl at the door.

"Look, this is serious." She said, crossing her arms in front of her chest. I could just see her face through the door, she wasn't joking, "My dog, Wikileaks, is missing."

Her dogs name is Wikileaks? Seriously Ellen? Actually, that doesn't really surprise me. This world or anther it seems like something Ellen would do.

"Look, I'd love to help, I'd really would, but I I'm too busy, you know?" Oscar smiled, before dead panning, "Not caring."

Felix managed to push past, with a small smile on his face, which seemed to catch Ellen by surprise.

"You," She stared at him, as if remembering him.

Felix looked surprised, "You remember me?" I stood up, standing in the door frame behind Felix. She then caught sighs of me, and a flash of recognition washed over her eyes.

"You two were with the guy from the bus," Ellen said in awe, "He saved my life."

Felix took charge, breaking her small fantasy about Andy, "I can help you look for Wikileaks."

And for a moment, we saw the old Ellen return, "He's more likely to run if he sees you." She got that dreamy look on her face again, "What did you say your friend's name was, again?"

"I didn't," I could see the look of disappointment on his face, before giving in, "It's Andy."

I'm impressed that he even told her Andy's name. He's liked Ellen for...well, who knows how long, and it looks like Ellen now has a crush on Andy.

"Tell him 'Ellen says hi'." She smiles with a big cheesy, over the top smile. That is so weird to see her do, especially since her dance Felix grew up together. Those two hardly ever smiled.

"And I'm Felix." The goth boy adds in, with his own cheesy smile.

Ellen's falters, "Yeah Sure."

Just at the moment, the boys Mum began to walk up the drive way and over to us, "More friends, Oscar Mr. Popular!" She was so excited to see that he has friends. Ellen gave her an awkward smile as she began to make her way back down the driveway.

"Mum please, go back in the house." Oscar almost demands, "And she is not my friend." He says indicating to Ellen.

Felix's Mum turns to me, "I'm sorry, have we met before? I've swear I've seen you before somewhere, maybe around Oscars school?"

I extend my hand, and she shakes it, "I'm sorry no, I only just moved here."

"My apologies." She smiled, shaking my hand before I had a ringing enter my ear. "And I've forgotten your name love."

But this one wasn't as bad as what I felt before that storm.

"I'm Felix," he outreached his hand to shake her hand, but she pulled away, with a small sneeze. "You have a lovely home, Mrs.
Ferne."

"Thank you, Felix." She sneezed again, "Sorry, must be hay fever. Oh! I think I need antihistamines. You know, you should come here more often, Felix."

Felix smiled, but Oscar just shook his head and rolled his eyes, "Wouldn't it be wonderful, Oscar? I'm just ducking to the chemist. Have fun!"

Oscars mum turned away to walk back down to the driveway, to her car.

"Blackmail and toadying You are formidable." Oscar smirked almost impressed with what he just saw.

Felix matched his brothers expression, "Come on, let's get back to it." The boy motions us inside, and we got back to work.

The little screams that I'd hear in my ear just didn't seem to go away. It's like it was just always there, somewhere in the back of my head and shutting the door didn't shut it out.
...

"Thank you for the coupon assistance." Oscar said, showing us out the door, "Now goodbye and have a Long and productive life."

The look on his face told us he was done, and didn't want here.

"Kicking us out?" I smirked at him.

"What You gonna give me a gold star and send me on my way?"

Oscar shrugged, and it was evident he couldn't really care that he was kicking us out. All he really cared about was just us leaving.

But that ringing sound just intensified, "Something's wrong!" I hissed before everything stopped. There was no high pitched sound anymore, just the sound of a buzz.

I noticed the tree in Felix's yard which had a small hive of bees in one of the nooks if the tree. The bees seemed a little weird.

"Somethings not right..." I whisper, before Felix grabbed me by the wrist and dragged me towards the door.

"Oscar, we need to go inside." He started to rush, "Now."

There was no hesitation from Oscar, "Yes, we do."

"Run!"

The three of us took off, running straight into the house, slamming the door behind us when we got inside.

My heart was racing at a million miles an hour, "What the hell!" I breathe, as the two other boys begin running around and shutting all the other doors and windows in order to keep these things out. "Bee's don't normally attack like that unless they're provoked!"

We moved into the lounge room, and they seemed to follow us around, sticking to whatever window or door we were closest to.

What the hell is going on?