5.2 The Valtirian Cruiser

As Felix walked away, I felt bad. He's the one who's alone here, he doesn't really have friends in us.

I meant could you call any of us really friends? I guess we're all just together based on circumstance. I'm not too sure what we all think of one another.

My best guess is that we're together just based on the circumstance.

"Felix wait!"

He didn't notice, he just happened to turn the corner as a shouted, disappearing behind some trees. "God damn it Félix...." I mutter to myself taking off in a run after him.

It didn't take me too long to actually reach him again, but I gave him another hell, "FELIX!" My voice made it seem like a growl.

The boy swung around in surprise, looking at me before sighing, "Oh it's just you," He almost looked relieved. "For a second it felt like I was back home."

I tilted my head as we kept walking, "Do you get in trouble a lot?"

He shrugged, "I'm a goth, what'd you expect?"

I raised my eyebrows at his statement, "That is true."

Felix turn to me, holding his makeshift bowl out, "Here, I know you haven't really eaten." His bowl was half empty, so he did seem to eat something, "Thank you though."

I smile at him, "Ah, so the goth has a good side to him."

With a smile, he rolled his eyes, "It's a one time thing."

"I see, I see," I smirk. "so where are you off to anyway."

He looked ahead as we emerged from the forest, turning right to head to town, "To visit Oscar."

It was sweet that he liked to still hangout with his brother, "You guys are still friends here?"

He bit his lip, "I mean...it's complicated..."

I sighed, "I wish I knew where my family was." Thoughts raced through my mind of where they could be. I've seen a photo of Jade and Cleo so that means they exists, but the big question is where?

"How about we ask Oscar? You said your sisters are about his age right? Maybe he knows them?" His eye lit up, "Or my mum! My Mum seems to know everyone, she probably knew your family too."

It made me want to cry knowing that Felix wanted to help, "Thank you Felix." I put on a playful smirk, "For really solidifying the whole 'good goth' thing."

The two of us just had small talk on the way through the town, nothing too interesting, asides from our occasional chats about magic. And trying to figure out how to get to those crystals to work. Felix thinks there's something magical going on, and I'm not opposed to the idea of it.

But something caught my eye, "Is that Oscar?"

Felix looked where I was look, and his eyes lit up, "Hey, Oscar!" He called out but Oscar didn't reply, "I was just coming to see... you..." Felix should words faded out when Oscar didn't stop.

I gasped as to why, "Oh no..." as I was shoved out of the way by the two bullies of our school.
They must be after Oscar.

My footing stumbled a bit, so I caught myself on the street light beside me. "We have to go!" I  say taking off after them with Felix close behind.

Those boys run fast, especially when they're in a panic. And Oscar definitely is panicking.

We rounded the corner and found that Dylan had Oscar pinned up against the wall by his jumper while Trent went through his bag. He was holding a space ship which probably belonged to Oscar. "Would you look at that The weirdo has a little toy."

"P-please don't-" he began to plead, "Please don't break it. It's a Valtirian." The look in his eye was pure panic.

I couldn't do nothing here, "Hey! Leave him alone." I shout walking up to Dylan, who didn't move.

"Yeah guys come on," Felix adds on

Trent looks up in the air pretending not to see me, "You hear something, Dyl'?"

The boy holding Oscar replied simply, "Nup!"

Trent put Oscars ship on the ground, and stood on it, "Nup?" He ground his foot in, to make sure it was really broken.

My hands flew to my mouth with a gasp. He just broke it...he's an absolute monster...

"It's what you get for being such a freak in front of us."

The look in Felix'a eyes just snapped as he heard those words. Something really broke him there, and it hit home.

"DON'T CALL HIM A FREAK!" Felix broke into a sprint and held down Trent on the ground.

I took this opportunity to pull back Dylan from Oscar. "Oscar run!" I shout as Dylan stumbles backwards, I push him in the back and begin to follow him out, but I'm stopped.

Dylan had his arms around my waist and pulled me back into the alley. "No you don't!"

Well, he didn't really pull me back into the alley, it was more like he threw me.

I stumbled from the force, before falling over and hitting the ground, rolling until my back hit the wall. My landing spot was just next to Félix.

Felix finally stood up, watching Oscar run away with a happy smile, "Well, I think we can all agree that was unexpected."

I stood up, feeling a little bit groggy. I noticed there was a small graze on my palm. A hiss escaped my lips, before I realised something terrible.

Trent and Dylan had vicious looks in their eyes.  And those looks, they were pointed at us.

"Now, if you'll just excuse us," He says trying to walk away but he was shoved back up against the wall.

I panicked, moving to help him, but Dyla grabbed my wrist, stopping me. "Let go!" I screamed at the boy who held on with an iron grip.

The grip my shoes had on the gravel was not in my favour. I started sliding along, getting closer to the ground the more I tried to pull away, but it was useless.

I reached my free hand down to grab some of the dirt and gravel around, before throwing it at the boy in front of me.

He hissed and let go of my wrist, and I stumbled back, scrambling to my feet.

Looking behind me I saw Felix about to get hit by Trent, so I ran up to the red haired boy, and pull on the back of his jumper really hard.

He stumbled around, before Felix shoved past him and the two of us took off running, taking every twist and turn we possibly could.