6.4 Crows

"We still have to get past the crows." Felix says as one swoops past me, causing me to step back.

I whispered, "Woah, " before running inside and shutting the door behind me.

Andy looked up at us, pulling popcorn out of

"Dude, we found a stove, not a microwave." Sam says, looking at are you with almost an amused smile.

Andy looked at me, and I caught on to what he was thinking. "It's not for us."

The boy had walked up to the door and I stood beside him, counting down from three before he threw the seeds out of the door.

Within seconds he crows flocked to where the seeds were flung, creetchign loudly as they all began to fight for the seeds that were around.

"NOW!" Felix shouted as we all sprinted from the door, pushing past any of the crows that tried to get into our way.

We all ran as far as we could before making it to an open path.

"So, why is creepy lady helping us?" Sam whispered to me, but Felix decided to but in on the response.

"I don't know."

Andy shrugged, "Maybe she likes us?"

And of course Sam had to jump in with his two cents worth, "Well I am irristable." The cocky grin across his face told me that he basically believed those words.

"Get a move on Air-Head." She retorts to Sam, giving him a very unamused look over her shoulder.

Felix nods, "It seems like she's resisting you."

I looked at the boys, debating on telling them what I already know, but Andy jumped in and began asking Phoebe questions, "So Phoebe, what's your plan for getting us into the police station?"

She looks back, "The plan is: I talk, you say nothing. Want to practice?"

"But what exactly are you going to say?" The smart boy responds, needing to know the answers.

"I talk you say nothing. How hard is that?"

"But I-." He was cut off.

"I talk, you say NOTHING!!" She seemed very fed up at this point.

...

The crows began to follow us back to the car, as we all piled in dodging sweeping crows.

I jumped into the front seat whilst the boys hopped into the back one.

Sam shuffled in his seat, "What's with these Kamakazi crows?"

"Is it another attack?" Felix looked at me, before looking at the Talisman.

I nodded, "It has to be."

"Ah!" I shrieked as a crow just went splat into the window to my left. My heart was beating out of my chest, as these crows just kept swooping and flying at us.

"Ah!" I heard Andy shriek from behind me and I had to look at the boy.

Sam looked to Andy with a big smile on his face, "Did you just scream like a girl?"

"No!" Andy defends, "What happens if we can't get to JAke in time?"

"They've called Child Protective Services," I met their eyes and all four of us shared a look of absolute horror, "They're going to foster him out."

Sam mouth hung open, "We can't let that happen!"

"He's our friend!" Andy adds in.

I look to the lady who seems sick of all these sweet words, "Aww I'm touched...by nausea."

"We need to go." I say, as Phoebe kicks it into gear and begins heading towards the police station. "The police already know that you're a family friend of mine. The boys? I don't know, make them your nephews."

She huffed, "I supposed, my family is strange enough already, why not add teenagers to the mix."

...

It didn't take long before we had pulled up at the station.

"Oh no...." The words escaped my lips as I saw Jake in the arms of the woman that came from Child Protective Services. "Jake...."

As soon at the van pulled into the park, I jumped straight out, "Jake!" I cried out, catching the attention from the two other adults standing there.

"You," Sargent Riles pointed at me, "You do know this boy."

My mouth drops open, "Um, not really, we just stay together..." I trail off as Phoebe approached from behind.

"Pheobe, and three boys..." The Sargent said, almost as if he was going to enjoy this, "One who's already intervened with the law, and one who looks familiar."

Her voice was loud, and threatening, "I thought I told you to unstack the dishwasher!"

Jake blinked at the woman a few times, before turning to me and mouthing the word 'What'? I opened my eyes wide at the boy telling him to follow through with what Phoebe was doing.

"YOu know each other?" The police officer questions Phoebe and Jake.

I nodded at the boy as he ems to pick up on the situation, "Oh, yeah," He mumbled, And began pointing to Phoebe, "She's my..."

"Aunty." The lady in question jumps in, trying to be as convincing a possible, By it was quite obvious that the police officer didn't believe any of us, by giving us an 'Oh yeah, right'. Let's face it, Phoebe does not give off the guardian vibe? Even I would agree. It was always Alice who was the more caring one, but that's not to say that Phoebe wasn't caring. "They're all cousins." She said before finally describing Andy as a step cousin, "Alright boys let's go, who's on dinner duty?"

The officer laughed for a moment, before quickly changing his demeanour, "Nice try Phoebe, but they;re not going anywhere. Inside. Now!"

...

time.