3.6 Ghosts?

Jake and I eventually made it back to the little shack in the woods. I couldn't help but peer over my shoulder every few seconds, still having the feeling that someone was watching us.

Felix and Andy were already there waiting, with plastic bags of what looked like food for everyone there.

"Is that food?" Jake asked, looking at the stuff in the bags that Andy began to lay out in front of us.

I notice that we were missing one of the boys, "Shouldn't we get Sam?"

"We'll save him some," Jake smirked, sitting down next to me, "Out of your share."

I rolled my eyes, "That works, because I'm not the biggest fan of Chinese food."

Andy hands me a bowl, and I open it. "Number 4, Bowel of Rice."

I smile, looking at Andy it as he nods at me. He knew I was fussy with my food, so he got me this. He's such a sweetheart!

"Number 63. Phoenix talons." Andy announces putting it on the table, watching Jakes confused expression, "Steamed chicken feet."

Jake and Felix look absolutely disgusted. But the looks got worse as Andy continues.

"Number 22. Szechuan liver with snow peas, And number 54, the ultimate - chu kiok chou, pig trotters and vinegar."

"Yuck!" Jake shouts, "Why'd you order that?"

Andy smirks back, "Why'd you call me a nerd?"

I smiled at the banter between the boys. It was cute that they were kinda getting along.

Felix sighed, "Oh I know I'm gonna regret this." He began pulling out his lip rings, placing them on a pice of paper towel. He pulled out a green thingy and took a bite into it. I thought it was a bean, but based on his reaction, it clearly wasn't. "Oh. Hot. Ouch. What is that?" He spat it out and Andy laughed at him.

I stood up, noticing that our fourth boy was just sitting down outside. "Sam?" I called out, walking over to him. He looked so deep in thought, which is kinda odd for him. "You ok?"

He just bit his lip. "Not really."

"Sam, there's food inside, well...kind of." Felix says, getting a drink of water.

He shook his head, "It's cool. Finding out you don't exist kinda kills your appetite. And that your parents had another kid and - Gave him the same name."

I put my head on his shoulder, "oh Sam..."

"I just kept thinking, 'Not me'. I'll be different, you know? And I am different. I'm replaced."

Something caught the corner of my eye. "What?" I whisper standing to my feet.

Sam and Felix stand when they hear a growl. "What was that?" Sam asked, looking across the clearing. I think he saw the same thing I did. But...I couldn't tell what it was.

"I don't know but it has a friend." Felix poured out

That feeling that I had earlier today came back. The high pitched noise and sickly feeling came back, and it didn't seem to go away.

"I was kind of hoping Andy's food would be the weirdest thing that happened." He said climbing over the log, towards where the thing was standing.

I shrieked as I felt someone push me in the back.

"What was that?" Felix shouted, looking back.

I screamed again, feeling something take hold of my ankle, and drag me across the ground. I think Felix has noticed because he stretched out his hand.

"Run! Run!" Felix shouts pulling the two of us to our feet. "Jake, open the door! Open the door!"

Sam and Felix were banging on the door like crazy. It wasn't opening.

I looked back behind us, noticing that there was a dark figure. Looking at it Straight on, I felt physically sick.

"What's that?" Felix shouted, looking in the same direction. But when I looked back, it was gone.

Or was there something there in the first place?

"Guys! Come on!" I scream, banging on the door too.

I can hear the rattling of the door, but it's not budging. "It's stuck!" I can just hear Jake shout from the other side.

I started feeling worse. It felt like my entire body was weak. My body wanted to throw up and collapse.

It felt like there was something creeping their hands over my eyes, as the world began to go black. The piercing noise in my head was enough to make me want to cut my head open.

There was something there...but it didn't like that I saw it...

"Guys..." I barely whisper before slipping into darkness...

...
Third Person
...

Sam whipped to Allie as she called out for the two boys. "Allie!" He dove for her, only barely catching onto her small wrist before she hit the ground.

Her body was so limp, almost lifeless. "Felix! Get that door open!" He screamed in a panic.

The four boys were all screaming at each other to get the door open. And they did.

Sam dragged Allie into the room, and Jake's eyes widened, "What happened to her?"

Sam was panicking, "I-I don't know she just fell and-" he stopped speaking when he heard Andy and Felix begin talking.

"What's going on?!" Andy shouts as they all began to crouch down behind some crates.

Felix looked back towards the door, "Something out there. Something's coming."

Jake pulled Allie so that she was laying next to him so he could protect her just in case. "What is it?" he asked looking to Felix.

The room was rattling and the boys were honestly quite scared.

"I think it's some kind of evil spirit!" Felix shouts, grabbing the closest thing he could find to use as a weapon.

"What? Like a ghost? There's no such thing as ghosts!" Andy shouts, with the feeling of terror driven right into his stomach. He had to scream the same line over and over again in order to convince himself that it was fine.

All the while Allie didn't stir in her sleep. Jake kept glancing down, making sure she was ok. She never changed and he was worried.

Really worried...