1.9 Nature is Chasing us!

Something moving under my head awoke me from my weird dream.

I dreamt that someone was chasing me, and the was nothing I could do to to stop them. They kept talking about order and there were spirally patterns everywhere. I felt like I was back in the 80's with all that spiral stuff.

But it turns out I wasn't the only one up. What I was lying on, turned out to be a who was I lying on, and to answer that question, it was Jake.

I sat up quickly realising it, and came face to face with sam, eating something from a tube.

"Um....what are you eating?" I question with an eyebrow raised.

Sam squirts some more into his face before answering. "It's pawpaw. It's a fruit right."

Andy seemed to be awake now, as he cleared up the whole mess, "it's for itchy crotch."

I scrunch up my face is disgust. "Ew! That's disgusting, how are you eating that?" I voice a lot of the guys thoughts.

So we began walking and made our way onto this dirt road, hoping that it will lead us back to civilisation.

The air began to pick up, creating a whooshing sound. The guys and I look at one another worryingly.

"That doesn't sound good." Sam mutters looking around him.

"We should get moving," Felix said picking up his walking pace along the dirt track.

Thunder begins to rumble, and it sounds pretty close too. "Killer Storm." Sam mutters looking up at the grey clouds forming in the sky. But something begins to happen in those clouds, something seriously unreal.

They began to twist inwards at the centre, creating a spiral before hitting the ground as a tornado.

"Run! Run!" Jake shouts, and he didn't need to tell me twice. From my days being a sprinter, I was able to keep up with Jake, but some of the others were falling behind.

"It's getting closer!" Felix shouts and I look back, noticing that Andy is falling behind, but Jake beat me to it.

"Faster nerd, faster!" He shouts over his shoulder. "This way!" Jake lead us down a sharp left turn.

All seemed fine for a moment, but some guy ran at us with a stick in hand screaming at us. I screamed, which I felt pretty embarrassed about, but he guys screamed too, so I can't say much.

"Woah, Woah, dude don't attack us!" Sam shouts in defence.

The bush guy straightens up, looking confused, "hang on, you're attacking me aren't you?" He questions.

"No sir," I say with a slightly a slightly shaky voice. Jake looks at me with a smirk, but that disappears when I glare at him.

"No, we're lost." Felix says

"And starving," Sam adds in. Of course he is.

"And we're being chased." Jake says.

"By nature." Andy finishes.

The guy looks behind us and shrugs, "nothing there now." He says. Sam on the other hand, has stomachs for eyes, because as soon as he noticed eggs cooking on the camp fire, he stuffed them down his throat. "No, go on. Help your self."

The guy motions for us to sit down, which I gladly accept. Man, my legs hurt after that sprint. "That was super creepy." I mutter, before realising something, "oh right. Hi, I'm Allie, and these are Sam, Felix, Andy and Jake." I say point to the respective boy with their own name.

"Nice to meet you all. The names Roland."

"It's like a tornado was chasing us." Andy says trying to get over that disbelief.

"Ah, now that is unusual." Roland agrees, and I take a big sigh, just relaxing, thankful that it was all over.

"This makes no sense what so ever." Andy cries in frustration.

"Not everything out here can be easily explained." Roland says making a weird face.

Jake looks over Roland's shoulder, "hey, what about the rest of us?"

"What? I was literally starving!" Sam exclaims and I roll my eyes.

"Do you know what 'literally' means?" Andy asks with an annoyed expression.

"It means you're a selfish guts." Jake mumbles.

I think Roland began to sense the fact that we're starting to fight, well the boys are anyway. "Not to worry," he says calmly, "the Henrietta's have plenty more."

"Thanks Roland." I say with a sweet smile. Roland's camp wasn't too interesting, a few solar panels, random boxes and crates.

"Where'd you find those solar panels?" Andy asks inspecting them, but he seems amazed.

Roland stumbles a bit on his sentence, "oh, I, ah, scavenged them, from the dump." He says.

Felix and I look at one another sceptically, I recon he probably stole them, but I'm not going to do anything. He's living a harmless life out here with minor electricity, so that's pretty good.

"Awesome!" Andy comments. God, this guy is a pretty big nerd sometimes, it's adorable.

But there was a big question hanging in the air, which I had the pleasure of asking, "can you tell us how to get to Bremin?"

Roland just smirks, "better still, I can take you there."

From there he leads us towards a car which doesn't seems to have been used much, but still intact.

"Now..." Roland says before getting into the car, "someone's going to be sitting on someone's lap, cause I don't have an extra seat."

Roland looks straight at me, "well, one of the boys are welcome to sit on my lap." I say

"Pfft, we'd crush you." Jake retorts getting after Andy, then me, then Sam.

"As if you could."

We all barely fit in the back, but it was a good thing that Andy and I are pretty small compared to the others.

The ride to Bremin wasn't too long, maybe like five to ten minutes, but what was uncomfortable, was being squished in between Jake and Sam - they stink!

When we finally got to Bremin, I didn't hesitate to get out of that car.