3.3 We Really Don't Exist

We walked up to the empty school, and i felt bit of nervousness in my stomach. I'm not sure why, but being in school after hours with the chance of being caught, seemed to really get to me.

Jake walked straight up to the door and tried opening it, "It's locked."

He pulled it again, but the door just rattled, without a sign of opening.

I don't ever remember having a spare key hidden around the school, like a janitors key. But then again, why would there be a spare key for a big school like this one?

Felix stepped up to the plate and had his hands around the numbered lock on the door, "In Year8 I landed a month of Saturday detention and apart from 101 ways to clean graffiti off desks," he focuses on pressing the buttons, each making a different noise, "I did manage to pick up something.
Watch and learn, amateurs." He says as he presses the final button.

The door denies him entry,

"So, you don't know the code." Jake huffs, rolling his eyes.

"I know what it sounds like." Felix argues as he tries again, a failing once more with the wrong code.

"Unbelievable."

I heard Hale growl, "would you quit being such an ass? Just give him a chance."

I stand up to Jake again. I have the shortest temper when it comes to him. It's just his attitude towards everything.

I heard a different sound this time, as Felix finally opened the door, "Sometimes my genius is a curse."

As the four of us walk down the hallway of the school, Andy reminds us of our mission, "The mission is 'do we exist'.
Agreed? I'll examine the school records." He delegates.

Jake nods, thinking himself, "I'll check the photos outside the gym."

"The music hall!" I blurt our, remembering the old choir photos. My sisters and I have all been in them. I was in them until the fire. My sisters continued every year after. There'll be at least some trace of my family.

"I don't know." Felix sighs, "Library.
Year books."

Andy shook his head, "The library's closed."

Felix just raised an eyebrow at him, "Did you not just witness the extent of my powers?"

And with that, we disbanded.

Jake and I took a similar path, until I took a left turn to the music block, where as he took a right to the sports block.

I followed the music notes painted along the wall, which Cleo and Jade's art class paired not that long ago. It was some decorative project. They basically decorated the black notes with colour when they were like 8 or something.

Then, once I reached the music room, I pushed open the door, looking at the performance room. A big room, designed to give the best sound quality possible.

On the back of the wall of this very hall, were tonnes of photos, going all the way back to 1970's.

My first year, would have been...I don't really remember.

I walked up to the 2007 photo
(Assuming it's 2013, as of the series release, and Allie is 16)
I would have been, when I was 10, and the twins, around 6. junior choir, photo looked so old.

I scanned through each of the children, looking for my sisters.

"They're here!" I cry out when I found two twin girls, holding each other's  hands.

I honestly felt like crying with joy, as I began to look for the next photo, 2008. I remember that this was the year that they won the Country Choir Music festival.

I checked for myself, because I actually made it to the photo for once in my life...or maybe I didn't... I wasn't there.

"So I don't exist..."

Why did I think I'd be different?

I head towards the gym, hoping that maybe there'd be some track photos of me.

But then again, I doubt it.

"Jake!" I call out as him walking away from the gym. "Any luck?"

He shook his head, waiting for me to catch up. "You?"

I mimic his action, "I found that my sisters exist. But...I don't know where they are...at least you've found your
Mum."

Jake was silent, and I didn't really want to say much more. I can't believe they're here! Somewhere, but they are here.

"I should be out looking for them." I suddenly blurt our, beginning to run off, but Jake grabs my hoodie.

"Come check the school records. Then we'll go looking,"

Jake wants to help me find my sisters? "What's got you acting so nice?"  I basically blurt out, not really thinking.

There was just this look in his eyes, "You still haven't found your family yet. There's still a chance that they could remember you."

I look to the ground. What if i am different? But then again...what if i'm not? "Thank you."

"Nothing in the library." Felix calls out from down the end of the hallway, looking slightly disappointed.

"Same at the music room." I say as we continue to the main office.

"Gym too." he growled, "Trent is captain of the footy team."

Jake, Felix and I basically sped walked to the room, finding Andy slumped back in the receptionist chair.

"We really don't exist."