2.4 It's All of Us

"Ok, Oscar is definitely an x-factor in my theory." Andy sighs, running countless thoughts through his head.

Felix was confused, "what theory?"

"Collective amnesia," I state. But to be honest, I don't think that's it. Considering memory altering can't alter someone's ability to walk.

"Our families were so traumatised by us going missing they had a short circuit." Andy continues.

That wouldn't explain Jake and I's situation though. Our families couldn't have forgotten us, and forgotten where we lived. Seriously, Bates was living in my house!!!

"...but your brother walking, it doesn't fit at all."

I heard a huff from Jake, and I felt it on the back on my neck.

He began to storm off, "None of this is going to help find my mum!" He growls. "I'm out of here!"

"Jake!"

"I can't believe I let you brain dead pack of losers into my head." He growled.

Andy mumbled about being brain dead, and I glared at him. Though, I guess he does have a reason to be angry.

"Where are you going?" Sam called out, watching him.

"Where do you think!?" I shouts back, clear anger in his voice, "what I should have been doing all along!"

And with that, he was gone. That kid was on a mission, and I don't blame him. He's missing his mum.

I'm falling apart on the inside, I'm missing my sisters, and my mum. Our house is taken over by someone else. It's almost as if my whole family never existed.

That when I noticed a figure walking across the street. A navy blue dress on with white dots, and a pink handbag matching the belt around her waist.

"Is that Ellen!" I exclaim, watching as the old goth struts down the street without a spot of black on her.

"What is she wearing?" Sam asks as Felix runs over to her, smiling happily.

We all slowly follow after, "Ellen!"

She looks at the goth, traces of disgust in her eyes, "do I know you!"

You can see Felix shatter inside, "oh no, not you too."

She looked really confused. "Me too what?"

Felix shook his head, realising it's pointless, "sorry, you look like a friend."

She raises an eyebrow, "well I'm not."

That's just harsh. I remember Ellen, she's always been so sassy, and at one point, the three of us, including Mia were pretty close. I don't really know what happened though.

I ended up catching her piercing blue eyes. They lock with my own green ones, before she looks me up and down, almost in surprise before shaking her head slightly as if getting rid of a thought.

"You sound like her too." Felix retorts.

That's when Ellen notices Oscar, "figures this misfit must be one of your friends."

Oscar just awkwardly waves, "I hate you too." And with that, she leaves.

Felix turns to us, and asks us to leave.

"We have to stick together!" Andy counters, almost forcefully.

Felix raised an eyebrow, "why?"

"Becuase whatever happened, it happened to the four of us. So, maybe it happened because if us."

Felix bites his lip and nods, almost not caring, "well, when you figure it out, you know where to find me."

And with that, he left us.

"Come on guys," I say nodding my head in the direction Jake took off. "Let's go help him."

"That's if we can find him." Sam points out, and i sigh.

"I guess so," I sigh, noticing Sam's skateboard in hand.

"Why don't we go and wait by the skatepark. It's almsot in the centre of town. Jake'll go ast it eventually and proably see us there."

Andy nods in agreement, "I agree. There we can work out what to do with the whole situation."

...

It didn't take too long to get there, like I said, it's in the centre of town. Actually, it was that far from my old house.

"We have power and network but still, nothing." Andy sighs, holing his phone up, sighing with defeat.

"If I could just get my hand on a phone that works, I'll call..."

I turn to sam, "you'll call who?"

He thinks for a moment, "I don't know, but someone has to remember us!"

I laid down on the cold concrete skate ramp, rolling my eyes when I head Sams stomach rumble. "I don't think that fair bread was enough for you."

Sam frowns, "and it only made me hungrier!" He suddenly goes wide eyed, "Do you think we'll starve to death? In our own town?"

I shut my eyes, trying not to think of how hungry i actually am. Oh, hang on a second. I shoved my hand into my jumper pocket, but sighed when i found that there was no sign of the muesli bar i thought i packed there.

I roll my head to the side, watching as a dull eyed Jake approached. I guess things didn't go well with his mum...they poor guy.

"Like those stories you read in the newspapers of old people who starve to death and get half eaten by their pets?" Felix says, and I could tell that those types of stories seemed to interest him.

"You just resort to cheerful, don't you?"

Jake came and sat down beside me, "There's an old apple tree out the back of the football field if you're desperate.

I sat up, looking into his almost grey eyes, "You ok?"

He looks really distant, "I'm sorry, about before." He apologizes.

Andy was the first to ask, "Did she remember you?"

He shook his head, giving us a silent no.

"Welcome to the club."