6.3 Bremin Police Station

"Here..." Sargent Roberts hands to me a folder full of papers.

I had a quick flick through them, full of old new papers and the unclassified police reports that I guess I'm allowed to read.

"Yeah it was a real tragedy that one." Sargent Roberts mentioned, "We lost some good folk that day."

My eyes narrowed in on one news paper, "It is reported that the fire started in the kitchen and spread through out the house. This disaster claimed the lives of Geoff (39), Riley (37), Paige (2), Cleo and Jade (4) were all found in their rooms..." I trailed off and looked at Jake. It seems his eyes had never left me. "and the eldest...Alexia (10) was found at the outside of the Paige's bedroom, seemingly trying to enter be bedr..."

I stopped the words leaving my mouth as I was flashed back to the time where this all happened...but not like this. Flames arose around me, licking at my feet as I ran through.

This was hard enough already, I shook my head getting rid of the thought as I heard someone speak.

"Yeah, we did all we could. Actually almost managed to get Lex to the hospital." The other officer caught my attention. I looked towards him, taking in his features. Well cleaned desk and face, but he just looked so familiar. That was until I looked at the tag that was on the desk. Sargent Riles. How did I miss that?

I looked at him confused, "Lex?" That's when I noticed the boy sitting in the police station. The two of us locked eyes with a moment of realisation. He told me to keep quiet with just the shake of his head.

Sargent Riles nodded, "The older kid. Alexia? She almost made it."

I saw Jake's eyes widen at hearing this, and my stomach sank. Ok, so I guess I am dead. I mean, it's not like I didn't already know, but I guess hearing it come out of the mouth of someone who knew me or my family, just makes it all real.

Sargent Riles looked at me for a moment blinking for a few times, "I'm sorry, do I know you from somewhere? You look bloody familiar."

My eyes widened, looking at the officer, "Um, no. I'm new in town. I'm staying with a family friend." I lied through my teeth to the officer.

In through the door, walked a very professional looking lady. A green cardigan covered her shoulder and she carried many files in her hands. The tag on her neck read something that made me panic - 'Child Protective Services'. She was busy speaking to Sargent Roberts before he pointed her over to the desk that Jake and I were at.

"Oh no..." I whispered looking at Jake.

I felt a moment of panic wash over me as Jake and I shared a look, and it appears that the officer caught on. "Do you two know each other?

Jake shook his head, "No."

At the same time I had answered, "not really."

The ever glowing look of suspicion to the Sargent gave me so much unease. But something had caught my eye from outside of the door of the police station.

A lady walking past, who almost had a green glow about her. But it was only there for a split second before it disappeared.

"I'm sorry." I muttered quickly, staring at the door even through the lady had walked past already. "I need to go." I drop the files that I was holding on the desk and move for the door, quickly busting my way out and onto the street, only being followed with the faint sounds of me being told to wait form the officers.

Great, does this mean that I'm on the run now?

I looked to the left, having noticed that was there the lady was headed, before I took off running.

Who was that? And am I insane for it thinking that she was glowing? Why would she be glowing? Ok, maybe I need to find her, maybe she can help me get Jake out of the police station?

I rounded the corner and found the lady who glowed green for only another moment before disappearing.

By this stage we ha run another few blocks to catch her, and she was about to get into a van. "PHEOBE!" I screamed out catching the ladies attention.

She looked at me with almost disgust, "Back again?" She says as I approach and took a moment to catch my breath.

"I think I worked it out." I saw almost breathlessly, "But I need your help."

She looked at me surprised, "Worked what out?"

I took a breath, "I existed here and you knew me, that's why I looked familiar to you!"

"Get in."
...

I explained everything to her as we drove to get the boys from the hut. I did notice all the crows as we drove past. Another elemental attack?

"I thought I had recognised you." She says, focusing on the road in front of you, "Alice used to bring you into the shop when you when you were little."

I nodded, "She was teaching me magic. Well, basic magic." Looked to the lady, "She called me her little Flora Fae." Sparking an old memory that just came up.

I saw her eyes narrow, taking it in. "That's right."

"Ok we're here." I say as she pulls over, and we rush to get the boys.

We ran to the door, and Phoebe got there first, busting through the door, "I think I can help."

"Creepy..." I heard one of the joys pipe up from the back, before I pop my head in around the corner.

"I brought her, don't worry."

Each of the boys looked relieved to see me.

"Need an adult to help get you into the police station." she states, looking at the the boys.