1.5 Unpack the Bag

As we walk down the track, Jake is speed walking ahead of us, who is closely followed by Sam. Then I'm the loner in the middle, whilst Felix and Andy were being up the rear.

"Can you move a little faster?" Jake snaps from the front.

"Can you not be so rude?" I snap back at him. Bullies are something I just can't stand. If someone's being picked on, I will stop them, or at least try.

"I could if i wasn't carrying twice my Weight in food." Andy says before he decided that he needs to sit down.

"Guy, hold it." I shout stopping to help him. Felix, was by Andy's side as Jake stormed over with so much frustration, I swear he could burn whoever touched him with it.

"You know this is a half day stroll right? Not a five day treck." Jake says as he begins to unpack Andy's bag.

"In our family, this is what we call traveling light." Andy says trying to come up with a remark two wards Jake.

"I'd hate to see heavy." I mutter as Sam pulls out a bag full of...actually, I don't know what it is. But what ever it is, it looks vile.

"What is this?" Sam asks about to eat whatever was inside.

Sam however drops the bad as soon as Andy tells him what it actually is. "Chickens feet."

I grimace at it. "That's horrible."

"Disgusting." Sam mutters Whisky he wipes his hands on his shirt.

"So? Bear Grylls drinks liquid Squizz from a camels stomach." Andy counters.

"Ew, Andy. I didn't need to know that. Images!" I says as I begin to picture it...ew ew no stop it!!

Jake continues to go through Andy's nah, grabbing out...is that a poncho?? I know it's cold and everything but isn't a poncho a bit much? Actually, isn't the entire back pack a little too much? "What's with the hole?" Jake snaps.

"It's a poncho dumbass." I snap back. Ok, something to know about me is that I can be super sweet when everything around me is good and nice, but as soon as someone upsets that *cough cough* Jake *cough cough* I tend to be a little snappy.

The grip Jake has on the poncho tightens as he throws it at Andy. "I'll poncho you to death if Trent beats us!" He growls throwing the poncho down at Andy. I wonder how much he wants to hit me right now? "Get it?"

With a huff Andy replies, "sure, no poncho."

I offer him a hand and help him up. "You ok?" I ask and he nods.

"Yeah, Bear Grylls has been through worse." He says walking off.

"Come on, we can still win!" Jake shouts as he storms off down the track.

I look at Felix and shrug, "I guess we better humour him." Felix shrugs before we both head down the path.

"Wait! What about recording flora?" And says quickly opening his clipboard.

Felix shrugs and looks around him. "Trees, trees and more trees."

"Eucalypts proliferate." He mumbles scribbling his words down.

At the pace I walk. I was able to be walk close to Jake, but not over take him, but I was roughly in line with Sam.

"Yo losers!" I hear a call from the distance. It was Trent and his team. It seems they had made it over to the other side of the track before we did. They're going pretty fast, but it won't really do them any good. They need to record what they see around them.

"I can't believe they beat us!" Jake says throwing his hands in the air.

"Dude, don't put us through hell just so you can win some stupid race." I say throwing my hand out to indicate to Andy and Felix too.

"Footie Coach says if you're going through hell, keep going!" He shouts and I growl, balling my hands into fists to stop me from hitting him.

"Actually, that was Winston Churchill." Andy puts in as he sits down.

"Goths say if you're going through hell, stop because you've arrived." Felix says and i can't help but smile. I slightly nod at him, silently telling him that's was pretty good.

"Look, Trent's team is beating us and he has more real girls on his team then we do." He says annoyed.

I glare at Jake. God this guy has let his dick go to his head. This boy has to much testosterone

"I resent that!" Andy calls out earning an eye roll from Jake.

"You want to win so much, there's a short cut," Felix says pointing to the trees off to our left.

For the first time today, Jake looks amused. "Good one Dracula." He says running off into the direction that Felix pointed out. "Let's go."