5.3 Magazines

Who knows how long we ran for, but the two of us were getting exhausted. Felix jerked me to one side, hiding the two of us in between two dumpsters.

The two of us sat there, panting as quietly as possible. I don't know if we could deal with another beating again from them.

My glance went to my palm, where there was a small trickle of blood flowing out from, which I just wiped on my denim pants.

"Thank you," Felix finally said in a hushed whisper, "For, you know, saving me."

I smile, "I just saved my damsel in destress," Leaning back against the dumpster I sighed, "like any good princess would."

Felix peeked his head around the bin, checking for any signs of our two bullies, but there was nothing. "I think they're gone."

When he said those word my heart went back to a normal rate. Well thank god for that. I can't believe we did that.

"Not gonna lie," I sighed, regaining my breathX "Was not expecting to get into a fight today," A small laugh escaped my lip, "or technically win one."

Felix laughed, "You'd be the first princess to kick ass, like that."

I shook my head, "Are you forgetting Mulan, Merida, Anna and Elsa?"

He rolled his eyes at me, "Ok ok! Sorry if I'm not into princess. I'll stick to vampires and werewolves."

Then my heart stopped for a moment, "Wait, where's Oscar? Is he ok?"

He stood up, ready to leave the area, "come on, let's go check on Oscar. He's probably made it back to my house."

...

The walk back to Felix's was quite quick. The two of us laughed about how we just managed to out run some of the biggest jerks in the world.

"We did good man," I smile holding my hand out for a high-five, which he gladly returns.

"I guess we do make a good team." He smirks, "A vampire and a princess?"

I laughed at him, "Well that's a combination I never thought I'd hear."

We walked up Felix's driveway and headed towards what I would assume was Oscars room. There was a small window open, so Felix peeked his head inside.

"...the mother ship will squash their heads then-" I heard Oscar saying form inside.

"Oscar!" Felix interrupted, spooking the boy. Oscar just seemed awestruck, "Just bringing back your thingy."

The boy snatched his broken ship back from Felix, before sitting back on the couch. "Before you appeared, I was number four on Trent's and Dylan's bully list and now I'm like two." He sighed, "In front of Mike Parker.
He brings a stuffed unicorn to school. A unicorn!"

The more I thought about it; the more he seemed correct. But now we're here to protect him. I moved closer to the window, "But you needed help Oscar."

He turned to me slightly annoyed, "I needed to be left alone."

Felix didn't seem phased by this at all, he only smirked and got more sarcastic, "Yeah, that was working out well for you."

"Ah, just go away!" He throws his hands into the air going back to sit on the couch again.

I saw that look in Felix's eyes, he was planning something. He crouched down on the ground outside the window, "And what if we don't? What if we stay here? Pitch at little Teepee and use the letter box as a toilet. What if everybody hears about the freaks in the front yard, and we tell them we're BFFs."

I chuckled, crouching down next to Felix.

Oscar retorts, "Only girls say 'BFFs'."

A smirk appeared on my face, with a little wave, "Nothing unusual if I say it too though."

"Then you'll be known as the friend of the girlie front yard freaks." Felix continues, "And that'll make you Number one on the list."

Not gonna lie, I was surprised at how well that worked. Just by the look on oscars face I could tell that he was beat.

"I see you're well versed in the art of blackmail." He admits defeat with that sentence.

Felix smiles, "Yeah I also overheard you talking to yourself."

"I wasn't talking to myself." Oscar defends, but you could tell that he was.

I add in, "Then who were you talking to?"

He rolls his eyes, "Fine. Come in."

Felix nods his head to the side door, and Oscar heads around to open it for us. He escorted us inside and sat back down on the couch in front of his action figures.

I think he noticed me looking at them because he spoke again. "His name Is Centaurus the Deadly. Warrior outcast of the Sarax Tribe."

A smile crept onto Felix's face, "'Warrior outcast' very metal." The boys eyes were wandering around the place, taking in the sight, "It's different to how I had it."

My breath hitched and I gave him a whack in the ribs.

"I mean, would have it." He corrected himself.

Oscar's face showed twisted at Felix's sentence, but then something else crept over him, Why is it that you wanna hang out with me so much? - It's weird."

Felix took off his bag and sat down on the couch next to him. "I think we could be a good team." He tried to convince, "We're similar."

"I don't see any similarities." He glared in confusion, before looking down at the table.

I felt really weird, so I looked down at the table, "You must really love that magazine." I point out, looking at the piles of magazines on the table.

"No," he huffs at me, "I have to cut out the coupons." He grabs one of the magazines and flips to a certain page, "Twenty equals one of the Valtirian cruisers that was obliterated today."

He turned to the two of us, "Because of you."

I bit my lip and turned to Felix. "How about we help?"

Felix modded, "We could get it done in half the time."

Oscar seemed skeptical but he gave in, whacking a magazine into Felix's chest. The boy then passed it on to me and I placed myself down at the coffee table.

I Grabbed one of the spare pair of scissors from the coffee table and was about to make my first cut. But something felt weird.

My stomach felt sick, like there was something wrong. And there was a piercing noise in my head, like a ringing in my ear.

"Georgia!" My eyes snapped up, looking at Felix dark ones. They're both staring at me confused, "Are you ok?"

I blinked a few times, "Yeah," the feeling was gone.

Felix and Oscar looked at one another before shrugging and going back to what they were doing.