1.8 Songs and Stories

"I wouldn't mind a poncho right now." Andy mutters with a small glare directed at Jake.

"Do you think we'll starve to death before we're rescued? Like that rugby team that crash landed in the Andes?"

"What Rugby team?" Sam asks interested yet scared at the same time as Felix begins to tell his tale

"It was freezing cold, supplies were running low and..." He trails off for dramatic effect, which seems to get everyone interested.

"And?" Sam asks freaked out.

"They ran out of food and were forced to eat each other." He says with a cruel grin on his face.

Sam gulps, "Alive?"

"The ones that died in the crash," Felix mutters; "they were cannibals, not zombies."

I sigh, "though, it would be cool if they were zombies. Wouldn't that mean that they turn into wendigoes?" I ask and Jake smirks.

"Only if you were in a game." Sam smiles and I laugh.

"I guess, that was a good game." I mutter.

"What does Human Flesh even taste like?" Sam asks with a thoughtful look.

"Apparently it tastes like chicken." I add in.

The guys groan in disgust. "Did they cook it?" Sam asks and Felix shakes his head.

"No fire."

"So they had to eat it raw?" He asks with disgusted look on his face, "like sushi?"

"Sashimi." Andy corrects and Sam rolls his eyes.

"Sushi has rice." Sam counters thinking that, that was an intelligent comeback. I applaud him for his efforts though. But the though of food got to Sam's stomach, "oh, my mum makes the best fried rice." He says and I swear that I could hear all the boys stomachs growling. I chuckle at the thought of them dying before I do from starvation.

There was an eerie echo coming from further into the bush, "please tell me that it's one of your stomachs." I say before a boom of thunder crashes.

"Have you guys ever heard the story about the giant Panther living in the forest?"

"I wish it were true." I say watching my ant go around and around and around my hand.

"It's a total myth." Felix says and I raise my eyebrow at what he finds a myth.

"I think so," Jake adds, "otherwise Snow White over here would have befriended it by now."

I look at him with my furrowed eyebrows. "Excuse me?" I ask like a sassy black woman.

"Well, considering I've watched you play with an ant for the past five minutes without wanting to murder the life out of it, it kinda makes you a Snow White."

I roll my eyes, "wow, love the logic behind that." I say sarcastically, but that's when the thunder rolls in, and the small droplets of water began to fall down from the sky. We all pulled up our hoodies and moved a little closest to the base of the tree.

"Man," Sam complains, whilst I shrug.

"I like the rain." I mutter holing out my hand to catch a few drops on my hand.

"How about some music to cheer us up." Felix suggests pulling out his phone and pressing play, and a poorly recorded song comes on, and I'm guessing that it's Felix who is singing. If you can even call that singing.

Water, Fire, Earth and Air
Elements that we all share

Water wash our sins away
Earth guide us to our place
Wind bring with it fear
Flames of fire must face

Walk upon this earth again

"How was that supposed to be cheerful?" I say to Felix during a yawn, but he just shrugs. "Well, I'm out for the night." I say lying down on the ground, but I quickly sit back up again, a small, tired glare on my face. "And if anyone tries anything, I will snap your necks. Got it?" They all nod with a scared expression on their faces. "Good. Night boys!" I say lying down and shutting my eyes.

"She's scary." I hear Sam whisper to the guys, and I just smirk.

"She can also hear too." I don't even need to open my eyes to know what their expression was.

But a few minutes later, I must have fallen asleep, because I was out.