5.6 The Swarm

After a quick door slam we were all back inside, with Phoebe grabbing the ointment for bee stings. "Well, that was disappointing."

"And painful!" Felix grumbled

Phoebe was laying back on her couch, looking up at the ceiling, before letting her head drop towards the boys, "I'm You failed the test. I want my talisman back." She turned back to the ceiling.

Felix huffed, "But I was just doing what you told me to do." He threw his arm out in frustration.

"Maybe they're alien bees." Oscar says, sitting in the corner of the room, arms out on the arm rests. That's why they're immune to your magic."

I noticed Phoebe roll her eyes and shake her head. But Felix perked up at hearing that.

"Maybe you're right." His eye lit up with an idea.

Oscar sat up, "I am?"

"If what's attacking us comes from another world, then we need to use Elements from another world!" The realisation hit all of us.

Phoebe raised an eyebrow at us, "And where do we get Elements from another world?"

I look at Felix who looks at me, "I have an idea."

...

I ran with phoebe to the car first, dodging the bees who tried to block my way. But I managed to make it without getting stung.

And then it was the boys turn.

They were covered in boxes, because the bees seem to love to attack them. Their protection seemed to work well enough to get to the car, abandoning the box as they jumped into the back seat.

"Anyone stung?" Phoebe asks, but I'm sure it's more so she can laugh at it later on.

"Only a few." Felix says, looking himself over.

I look at my arms, "None," everything was clear and Oscar was the same.

...

After a 10 minutes of driving, Phoebe pulled into the path and continued down the road to our shack.

She was shocked, "This is where you live?"

Felix was quick with his response, "Well, you live in a magic shop."

"Shall I come in?"

Felix and I look at one another, and he shook his hand, "I think it's gonna be hard enough to explain Oscar."

The boys got out of the back of the car, but as I went to leave, Phoebe grabbed my wrist.

"Why does it feel like I know you?" She was very stern.

I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know. There's no evidence that I existed in this world either."

She let go of my hand, but I don't think she let the idea go. If Phoebe thinks she knows me, maybe I did exist here?

I quickly rushed out of the car, muttering that we can probably work it out later.

"Hurry up." Felix calls out as I lightly jog to meet up with the two boys. "Don't bother talking about magic with them."

I looked at him curiously, "wait what, why?" I'm sure the boys could help....but then again, what would they say about magic?

"Yeah, aren't they aliens too?" Oscar asks looking between the two of us.

Before I had a chance to respond, Felix beat me to it with a smart assed response, "Yeah, from the Planet Cretin."

I rolled my eyes at him, "So what's our plan?"

"Find our Elements" Felix shrugged, before looking behind us. The Sound of buzzing was
way too loud. "Let's start by running?"

The three of us took off into a sprint running straight towards the shack, with those bees following not too far behind.

I was the last through the door, before slamming it shut and backing away from it.

"What's he doing here?" Andy stood to his feet, point to Oscar.

I shook my head, "That's not important."

Sam stepped forward, "So what does he know? Do we have to kill him?"

"Sam!" I snap, with a small bit of panic in my voice.

"I know that you're aliens, and there's a swarm of killer alien bees right outside that door." Oscar explains.

I kinda wish he had left out the alien part but at least the boys kinda know what they're dealing with.

Jake rolled his eyes, "Yeah, right." He muttered as me moved to open the door.

As he did, they flew in, swarming at us. I quickly slammed the door shut while Jake was distracted.

"GUYS!" Felix called as he tossed each of us cans of bug spray.

Andy looked at the bottle for a moment, "Wait! CFCs are terrible for the environment." His eyes softened, "Oh, it's okay, these're organic."

I flick another one off my skin, fearing the stinger that I know will come with it. "THEYRE GETTING IN THROUGH THE CRACKS!" I shout grabbing a blanket and began plugging any gap that was visible.

The boys all caught on doing the same thing, but it didn't seem to do.

"Jake, there's a hole over here. We need something to fill it, a shoe!" The goth yells over the madness.

Jake was snarky, "Use your own!"

"Too small! Throw me one of yours." He says, and Jake complies.

I realised that there was no point in holding up the blanket any more and began swatting and spaying flies away.

"Allie..."

I looked up to all the boys and none of them were looking at me. No one spoke my name.

"We need you..."

The voice was a hushed whisper, but it was slightly familiar. I wasn't scared of it.

But then that ringing noise. The piercing noise I heard a few days ago came flooding back to me. Whatever happened before, is happening now again.

Swarms of bees kept flying at me, in groups together, almost forcing me to the back of the shack.

I began to crouch hearing those four words whisper in my head over and over again, but no matter if I clutched my ears again, all I can do is hear it.

"Stop..." I whispered back, "Stop!" It was louder. "Go Away!"

I felt an energy flow over the room before a stillness. My hands slowly unclenched from around my ears.

"Where's Felix?"
...