3.5 Little Red Boat

"Then you've got to take her to the carving." Andy explains, hope filling in his eyes.

Sam shook his head, "She thinks I'm a psycho!"

"Then take it to her." Jake says.

Sam looked at him surprised, "What, you want me to carry a boat to her house?"

Jake rolled his eyes, "No, Idiot. A photo."

"We could use the cameras on our phones." Sam suggested, but Andy and I shook our heads.

"Negative. They're all dead."

Sam had an idea, "Well, my brother's got a digital camera."

"And when all of this is proved to be completely pointless, we need food, blankets." Felix sighed, frustrated in the lack of planning that we have.

Jake points to Felix, "Deodorant for you, in particular."

And Felix just rolled his eyes, "We ate rubbish, remember?"

"My Dad's an outdoors nut. We've got heaps of spare camping gear. You name it, we got it. I can grab my brother's camera while I'm there." Sam is making a really solid case right now, and I think it's going to work.

"Sounds like a plan," I smirk, standing next to him, "so who's in?"

Jake and Andy were instantly in, both seeming very eager to join. But, the look on Felix's face told me he didn't really like this idea.

With reluctant look, he rolled his eyes, " Fine, but Andy's coming with me to get food."

I giggled, as Andy complained, "That's not fair. Why can't Jake?" He sighed, not happy with the situation.

"Doesn't your grandma own the local Chinese restaurant?"

Andy sighed, "Oh, yeah. Still not fair."

So with that, we all stood up, heading to the door.

My eyes wandered around the sports complex, finally landing on the security camera which I think had only recently been installed. I don't really remember ever having them here before, then again, I don't always notice everything.

"That could be bad." I mutter looking away from the camera quickly.

Andy however looks directly at it, noticing it around the same time that I did, "Lucky we don't exist."

"Allie, should should come with us. More hands, more stuff," Sam says, and I nod.

"Let's go."

...

We ran pretty much the entire way to Sam's. Which surprisingly wasn't that far from the school, but still, it was long enough. Not like our town was very big, it was kinda small to be honest, everything was just more spread out.

When we rocked up, Sam took us around the back and into the shed which is packed full of camping great.

"Sweet." Jake dove straight into good looking camping fear on the right of the shed. All of it looks really new and really nice. Not to mention comfy.

Sam shook his head, "That's the new stuff. The old stuff's over here." He pointed to the left side and we all walked over there.

Jake pulled out an old rolled up sleeping bag, with prints of bob the builder and other characters from the series, "How old were you when you last used this?" The taller boy mocked, before Sam snatched it off him.

"I was six! Ok!" He argues back, before passing it to me. I guess I was the pack horse. The boys kept passing me stuff, until I couldn't carry anymore.

"I'm surprised you can hold that much." Jake smirked, grabbing then last piece of gear we needed.

I nod, "you and me both."

"Alright, you guys keep watch and I'll go grab the camera."

Jake and I nodded, and began to keep an eye on the two boys who were playing a rugby or AFL game. I couldn't really see from here, but we were all surprised when we heard one of Sams brothers jump up.

"All hail King Vince. Sorry, Pete, must be hard coming second." He smirked rubbing it in his older brothers face, "For your whole life."

We watched same start to sneak into the kitchen, crawling behind the island kitchen.

Pete farted, and Jake and I looked at each other slightly disgusted.

"Oh, dude, that is rank, man." Vince says, holding his nose, "Ah, time out. I'm grabbing a juice."

I looked at Sam, who had a small bit of panic on his face, before darting back to the safety of the island kitchen.

"Vince. Make me an egg sandwich, or some baked beans." Pete smirked laughing as his brother shook his head.

"That is toxic, man."

This is so risky, just watching Sam jump from the kitchen bench to island within incredible speed. It's like he had done this before.

The sound of the game being un-paused caught Vince's attention, taking him away from Sam. "Hey. Cheat." He says pausing the game.

Sam looks and Jake and I though the window, and I give him a look that tells him not to move. He gave me a small nod, and Jake and I ducked as Vince came back.

"Oh. I was supposed to be at cricket Boofhead, can you give me a lift?" Vince pleaded, and I heard the other brother get up off the couch.

You could almost hear the smugness in his voice, "Do I have to drive you everywhere? Got it."

Sam snuck out the back door, and crouched down next to us, "Got it."

"Let's get to that boat." I say and we all sneak off, undetected by the boys in the house

...

"Clear enough?" Sam asks handing me the nickon camera.

I give him a nod, examining the photo to make sure it's good, "yeah, it's good."

And Jake agreed, looking at it over my shoulder at the photo too, "Kick a goal, mate. For all of us."

That's when I felt this...I don't know, feeling. It wasn't a pleasant one. It felt like a pulse of energy, but a bad one.

It kinda made me feel sick, making me gasp as soon as I felt it. Then there was the high pitched noise, it just rang in my ears, but not to the point where it hurt. It was just...strange. I began to rub my finger over my ear

I looked around, thinking that there was something out there, watching me...watching us.

"You ok?" Jake asked, looking around just as I did. By the look on his face, I don't think he saw anything their either.

Then it was gone...just like it had never been there in the first place. "Yeah... I just had a weird feeling."

I notice Jake look around once more, before I decide to walk off, "it's probably nothing."