3.4 Tempoary Madness

We all walked back to the sports complex, all in silence, thinking over what we've just been through.

There are traces of our family, my sisters existed, but I don't. So I'm the same as everyone else. I don't know why i thought i'd be different. That, i would still be here. It was a long shot, but even then, why would i have been different to all the other boys?

My family is here, i know that much for sure, but where are they?

"So, we don't exist?" I sigh, as I flop down on the mat which lay in the middle of the sports complex.

"But what does that mean?" Jake paces, tossing a football between his hands. You could see the frustration in his eyes.

"There's no trace of us here." Andy says, sitting next to me, who is then followed by Felix.

Jake huffs, "So, we're nothing." It didn't take a genius to figure out that he was angry. Just confused and annoyed, and well, angry. He stormed over to the door way, gripping the ball tight in his hand.

I froze for a moment, watching as he pulled his arm back, ready to throw it, "Jake, don't!" I shout as the ball flys through the air, breaking something down the hall.

"What does it matter? If we don't exist, how can we get caught?" He growls at me.

I go silent, not having an arguement against it.

"So, then, if we don't exist, we don't have to follow any boring rules." Felix points out, smirking, giving everyone else the same idea.

"There are no punishments." He smirked.

I felt my stomac drop, "guys, don't." I warn, feeling the trouble we're going to get into.

"We can do anything we want." Jake says, "come on, stop being a whimp."

I couldn't help but smirk. It was almost a challenge for me, like he was challenging me to have fun. And I never back down from a challenge.

So, that turned the next hour or so into total chaos. We were grabbing everything out of the cupboard, which Felix had actually picked open. The pool noodles were especially fun to play with.

I ran around like a ninja turtle, twirling my pool noodle around like Donnie would, or grabbing to smaller pieces of noodle and pretend they were swords.

We were all just acting like big idiots, with everyone smiling and having fun. It was amazing, just this little special moment of relief in this horrible time of our lives.

I managed to tackle Felix to the mat, the two of us laughing on the way down. We soon turned it into a challenge, everyone tackling everyone.

I almost managed I bring down Jake. Almost. He kinda just stumbled around a bit, whilst I fell and hit the mat. "Nice try," I rolled my eyes, smiling as he offered me a hand up, and while but I tried to pull him down. He still didn't budge, and I ended up pulling myself up off the mat.

"Wow, you're really strong."

With a smirk, he let go, making me fall back. I yelped in surprise, hitting the mat hard. I groaned sitting up, but with a smile.

We all sat down, just kinda laughing and recovering from the fun that we just had.

Andy managed to hit Jake in the face with a noodle before he laughed, "Opps, sorry Jake."

Moments later, Sam skated in on his skateboard, helmet in hand, "Nic."

"We confirmed that we no longer exist." Felix said with a shrug.

"Then we took the next logical step - temporary madness."

"Yeah, Go nuts, Sam." Jake smiles, "It will make you feel better."

"You can't get in trouble." I smirk, "you really think they're charge us for this?"

Andy takes the toilet paper off his head "It's actually surprising how much that lessens the attraction."

"Of course we exist." Sam argues and I stand up next to him,

"What do you mean?" I asked, curious to what he was talking about.

"Okay, after you guys left this morning, I found a carving that Mia and I did a month ago." He was so serious, and convinced.

Felix raised an eyebrow, "It's still there?"

"Exactly the same. My initials!"

Andy started to think, "Maybe someone's deliberately tried to erase our existences. Like, identity theft."

Jake smirked, "Why would anyone try steal your identity?"

Andy just shook his head at the jock, "They haven't managed to erase everything."

"Have you seen Mia?" Jake asked, and Sam nodded his head.

"Yeah, yeah. I showed her this. She acted as if she didn't even know me. She knew me. I could see it in her eyes.
It's like when you can't remember a word and it's on the tip of your tongue.
You know, I just need to get through to her somehow."