2.5 A Secret Hideout

"My mum's got a whole new life!" Jake rants, "New Job, new hair, and she's married to Bates!"

My eyes widen, "Bates?! Bate's is living in my house!"

Jake raised an eyebrow, "On Eucalyptus Drive?"

I nod my head, "I don't think this is amnesia. As far as I'm aware amnesia doesn't make you think you've married someone else. Or at least move houses."

"And Oscar can walk." Sam adds in.

"So, what's really going on?" Jake adds in, just as confused as the rest of us.

I don't understand this. I don't even know where my family is, and i have no clue where to even look. On top of that, i'm starving, and we have nowhere to stay.

I lay back down, shutting my eyes.

Maybe if I just lay here, maybe i can just go to sleep and wake up back home? What if i'm still dreaming in the forest? Sleeping on Jake?

I open my eyes to find the boy i question, looking back at me. When i caught his blue eyes, they quickly turned away.

"Dude, I'll tell you what's going on. " I turn to Sam, "What's going on is I'm starving!" He complains.

I raise my hand to the sky, "I second that."

"We need to find something to eat and somewhere to stay." Felix reminds us.

I sigh, sitting back up again, looking around the empty skate park. I remember coming here with my Dad. This was the first place he took me when i had my training wheels taken off.

I remember watching a young Sam here learning to skate. Look how good he is now. That was such a long time ago though.

Everyone began to speak at once, collectively telling Andy to shut up. I think he began talking about Bear Grylls again.

"I know somewhere we can go." Sam thoughtfully says before smirking, jumping down the ramp expecting us to follow him.

...

We followed him, through one of the back forests of Bremin. Not too far away from the Bremin river. Like, twenty metres away.

It was an old run down shack, which to be honest looks like it could fall over at any moment. I don't know how well that thing is kept together. And I've never seen it before. I wonder what it was used for to begin with?

"My brothers and I played ball games here when we're kids." Same explained as we make our way up to the door. "It's unlocked..." He looks at the open padlock on the door.

On the inside, it looked even worse, "Loving the interior decorating." I mumble stepping into the shack. It looks like no one has been here for years.

"It has potential." Andy states, looking around. "And every gang needs a hideout."

Jake turns to Andy with a glare, "We are not a gang."

"Technically we are, if you consider..." Andy tried explaining, but stopped himself noticing the death glare from Jake, "Ok, not a gang."

I glare at Jake for being an asshole, and he catches my look, returning it.

"We can clear this space over here to eat." Sam points to a box in the middle of the shack, which could very easily act like a good table.

"So are we actually going to stay here?" I question, looking at the dirt ground. It can't be healthy, but then again, I did spend a night in the forest on the floor.

And being dirty doesn't really bother me, but it's just the idea of sleeping out here in a shack kinda has me worried.

It doesn't seem very safe, or secure. But I guess I have the guys here, I should be a little safer with four boys right?

I mean, it's not like anyone is out to get me or anything, I just don't feel safe here.

"Sorry princess, is this too dirty for you?" Jake mocks, running his finger over some dust.

"Fight me," I growl, and he raised his eyebrows

"Good luck with that."

I rolled my eyes, balling my fist, but turned to keep my mind off it.

"Anyone got their phones?" Sam asks looking at his phone, sighing when he heard it beep, before shutting itself down

"Mine's our of Juice," Jake sighs,

I pull my phone out of my pocket, turning it on to check the battery, "32 percent."

That's not gonna last long.

"Mines in power saver mode." Andy shoved his phone back in its pocket.

I think I'm going to search for my family tomorrow. Jake found his, so mine must be around here too. Somewhere...

"You know what would make this situation even worse?" I notice Felix smirk over his shoulder at us. The look in his eye was almost playful, as he fiddled with an old lantern in the shed.

"What?" I question, not sure where this was going.

"If I wasn't here." I couldn't help but chuckle at his little joke. I don't know how Felix managed it, but he did. He made me laugh in this horrible situation.

Even Jake laughed, "Good one Dracula." He praised, as the boy held up the light.

...

"we have shelter." Andy says as we made camp for the night. I used my jumper as a pillow, as I lay down on the floor next to him. "Now all we need is a reliable source of food."

I sigh, feeling sleep take over me, "we'll find something. It's Bremen."

"Yeah," Jake agrees with me, "there are plenty of things in Bremin."