3.2 The Bremin River

Later that morning, we all thought it was a good idea to go down to the river to cool off, and give ourselves a wash.

Like, seriously, we just ate rubbish and were swimming through bins. And and Sam really needed a wash after this morning.

The boys began stripping down to undies to get into the creek to swim. Well, all except Felix, who just decided to stay one the shore line.

"You coming in?" Jake asks as I stare from the shoreline.

I had my stomach twist in nervousness because i don't really feel like being half naked in front of these boys. I barely know them.

"What, is the widdle girl too scared to get in the water?" He taunts, putting on a baby voice.

I roll my eyes, "Gosh Jake, i didn't know you wanted to see me in my underwear so badly." I taunt back, heading behind a tree to whip off my clothes.

So, now I'm down to  a green bra and black underwear.

"If you wanted to strip, you could have just asked me to turn away." He smirks as i made my way down to the water, quickly dropping so that the water is around my neck.

Andy pops us, "It's a psychological thing. Female's don't need some sort of cover when they take their clothes off in front of males. Otherwise, it appears as prostitution." Andy informs.

Jake rolls his eyes, hearing Andy speak. The jock walked out of the water towards the goth who sat away from the water. "What's that book you're always looking at?"

Felix shuts his book, "My diary." I'm not convinced, "I'm thinking about writing a bestseller. About us. Five teenagers that no one can remember."

"Did you work out the ending?" I call moving closer to Andy before splashing him with water.

"Not yet."

"Felix, I think it's more than people just forgetting who we are." I say standing up, pushing my hair from my fair as I waded towards Jake and Felix, "It's like we don't even exist."

He nodded at me, "I think you're right."

Andy seemed to contradict up though, "Irrational, we exist."

He's right to an extent. But we don't exist here, like, someone reset the world and wrote us out of it. They're moved my family, and i still don't even know where they are.

"Oh yeah?" Felix calls out, "Prove it."

Jake punches his arm, and felix flinches in pain. "Geeze."

"There's your proof."

I glare at Jake, "I'm sure there was a nice way you could have done that,"

"I'm sorry that our methods are slightly different, Snow White." He mocks.

I growl at him, "I hate Snow White."

"Guys!" Felix snaps his fingers at the two of us, causing us to shut up, "I mean real evidence. Like Records."

Andy jumps back into the water, shouting "this is great!"

Jake smirked at him, "you think he's ever been this close to a river before?"

"You know what? That might actually be a good idea." Andy calls out, pushing the water from his eyes.

Felix seemed surprised, "wow, thanks."

"School's enrolment records." Andy clarifies.

That's actually a good idea, it'll be the best place to show that we exist. I think there's still a photo of me on the track team, of the Bremin High and Primary athletics day. Though, i think it was taken down at one stage. I have't really checked.

"You want to go to school? Really? It's Saturday." Jake complains, and i actually noticing that he's tensing his abs. Who is he showing off to? Like seriously, they're nice, but not impressive.

I watched Sam throw rocks into river, looking back at us causing a commotion. "It's perfect," I thought abound and Jake gives me a 'wtf' look.

"How can going to school on a weekend be perfect?" He questions completely against the idea.

Andy backs me up, standing up tall in the water, "We gather the required information and remain completely undetected.

With a shake of his head, Jake calls out to the black haired boy in the water, "Sam. Sam!" He caught the boy's attention, "The freak and the nerd and miss princess pants, want to go to school."

"To check our names in the records." Andy calls to him as he begins to wade further into the river, closer towards and old red boat.

"You coming?" Jake calls before I walk up to him.

I walk up to Jake. "Would you stop calling me things like that!" I growl at him, scowl look on my face. "I do  not act like a princess," I shove him in his chest, "So don't call me one."

He just smirks at me, "it's hard to take you seriously when you're threatening me in your underwear."

I had completely forgotten that, and felt slightly embarrassed. "You're an ass," I growl as I stomp over to the tree where I left my clothes.

"WHAT?" I heard Jake call out, I think he was talking to Sam, but none of us could What the guy in the water was trying to say.

He signalled us to go on without him, and Jake told them to meet up with us at the school.

Felix and I walk together, with Jake and Andy falling behind, "So, what's with you and Jake?"

His question takes me by surprise, "Me and Jake?"

"You guys just seem to fight a lot, that's all." He points outs

I sigh, "he's someone I used to know. Our Mum's were friends, and our Dad's loved watching footy together. So we got to see each other a lot."

"So, shouldn't you guys be besties or something?"

I arch an eyebrow, "Please, he's a bully! He picks on you and Andy all the time. I just hold my ground." I huff crossing my arms.

"I guess you're right." He says repositioning his bag as we continued to trek our way back to Bremen High School.