Chapter 20: Tanabanata (part 2)

{Hana's P.O.V.}

Why did he bring me to the school's infirmary?

A-Are we supposed to be alone right now?!

Why is he blushing???!!!

I tried to ask him calmly, "So... What's the surprise? Why'd you bring me here Ringo-kun?"

Yes, the one who brought me here was Ringo. My guy best friend has something important to either show me or tell me. It made me a little nervous when he started blushing though. Then he spoke, "M-My s-surprise i-is that... I-Is that... That..."

Oh my gosh! The poor guy was stuttering... My heart beat increased the entire time he couldn't say it. So, I tried to say, "C'mmon now. Don't be shy. You can tell me anything!" putting on the most sincerest smile I could give him.

He opened his mouth to speak, staring straight into my eyes and blurted out, "I like you Hana-chan!" He then turned his back on me and motioned his hand to his face.

I was in shock, I didn't notice that I was blushing either. I then tried to ask innocently, "You mean like, like as a friend right?"

He faced me, trying to cover a little bit of his face with his hand. He was blushing like crazy right now! Even his ears turned red! He explained, "No. I like like you. Like,... more than friends..."

"Best friends?"

His eyes widened, thinking I still didn't understand. "I'm kidding~! I understand. I just didn't expect a confession or for Ringo-kun to even like me that way. I was just shocked myself."

Ringo scratched his head and looked to the side and spoke up, "Well, I do like you and stuff... So, yeah... Will you give me a response?" He slowly stared into my eyes.

I had to admit, I was blushing too. Was he asking me to be his girlfriend or something? I tried to give him an honest and non-hurtful response, "Ringo-kun, I'm really flattered by your confession, and it's really nice that you like me that way. But... I can't answer you now, cause I don't feel for you in that way..."

Ringo then stared at me and uttered, "Well, I'll make you fall for me, and wait no matter how long it takes to get a reply from you. I have patience, I can wait."

I smiled at him for how honest and determined he was being right now. Ringo was being such a gentleman to me right now, and was always such a nice person since the day we became friends. I could feel his positive aura right now.

Then I commented that we should head back, in case the others might get the wrong idea. He agreed, and we walked back to the front gate where our friends were enjoying the rest of the program...

Ami, Naomi, and Kaiya then showered me with questions about what happened; Yumi was just listening. I was embarrassed to even say anything. Then the guys came near. Takai asked, "Hey? Why's everyone in such a weird mood today?"

Ami had to blurt it out... "Ringo-kun blindfolded Hana-chan and gave her a surprise earlier, and it was just the two of them, and Ringo-kun won't spill the beans!" she pouted.

"WHAT??!!" exclaimed Yukio.

"C'mmon Ringo-kun... Pweash tell uws......" pleaded Kaiya. Then the girls chanted to let Ringo speak.

"Fine! Alright! I confessed to Hana-chan, okay!" blurted out Ringo as his cheeks turned crimson again. I think I also turned bright red too after that announcement. Then the girls squealed so giddily, it made us even more embarrassed. I bowed my head from all this madness.

"So? Are you guys an item?" asked Ami.

I tried to speak up, but Ringo beat me to it, "No, not yet. I'll make Hana-chan fall for me and wait for her answer. Maybe then we'll be an item."

I couldn't believe how Ringo said that so calmly while smiling at me, and with his cheeks only in a bright pink color! I think my head resembled a tomato right now!

Yukio got jealous and confessed that he liked me too; but instead, all of us just laughed. He whined, demanding why we were laughing, then Kiyoshi replied plainly, "It's because you like every cute girl you see, ya ding dong!"

"And you've courted most of them too." added Ringo.

"And got dumped by every single one of them." pointed out Takai.

"That makes you a total loser with the ladies." commented Takumi.

Yukio whined even more, "Waaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!! You guys are soooooo meeeeeaaaaaannn!!!!!"

We all laughed at Yukio on how childish he was being right now...

{Takumi's P.O.V.}

I can't believe Ringo actually confessed to Hana. He must've mustered up all the courage he needed for this moment!

I wonder when Takai will confess to her too? But why did Ringo plan to confess now? Could he really not hide his feelings anymore?

I'll try to see how all of this goes through, and try to put a stop to it when things get too deep...