Chapter 22: Summer Fright (part 2)

{Hana's P.O.V.}

"W-What's wrong Ami-chan?"

She pointed to the window while covering her eyes and spoke, "I-It's the g-girl! S-She's outside!"

I slowly turned to look behind me, and there stood the girl, meters away from the window, slowly walking towards our cabin... I don't know if I was hallucinating or if it was the real deal, cause the girl's eyes were glowing in a bright red color in the dark! We both stared in fear at the girl approaching us, not able to move or even look away.

Then a ray of light came by the girl's side. She turned to the light's direction and ran into the woods. The person with a flashlight came in, it was just class C's assistant homeroom teacher. Sensei came near us and asked, "Why're you girls still up? And what's with those scared expressions?"

"W-We saw a-a girl o-outside the w-window.. Sh-She tried to approach us! Sh-She looked demonic with her red glowing eyes!" exclaimed Ami in a lower voice trying not to wake the others.

"D-Did you see the girl Sensei?" I tried to ask calmly.

"You girls are just over-reacting because of the scary stories... Yeah, I saw the girl. If she wasn't a classmate of yours, she could be from class B, because I'm not familiar with her form either. I tried to call out to her to go back to her cabin, but I guess she understood and ran along back." explained sensei.

We believed her and crawled back into bed to catch some shut-eye...

------------------------------------

(Second Day)

{Ami's P.O.V.}

I don't really know if I slept well last night or not, and judging by Hana's appearance waking up, I guess she also had it rough too. We both looked like we haven't slept for hours!

Who could even sleep properly when experiencing that episode last night?! I was too afraid to sleep soundly. I kept thinking that that girl might come back and appear laying next to me, starring at me with her blank terrifying stare. That was a horrible experience.

After eating breakfast with everyone, we were split into groups with different assignments. I was grouped in with my friends, including the guys. Our task was to collect little twigs and sticks laying around for firewood tonight to make a huge bonfire for the finale, and everyone would dance in pairs around the fire.

Sigh... How cute!

I wonder who I should make as my partner? I really wish I could dance with him. Or maybe just one of Hana's suitors who doesn't get chosen? Haha!

We collected plenty of sticks, but only half of it would be used for the bonfire, because the other piles would be used for individual campfires like last night. Last night... The horrifying experience...

Me and Hana haven't told our friends about the incident yet, we don't want them to freak out or think we're wacko... So, we did this for our own sake...

------------------------------------

While still in search for twigs and sticks, I got separated by the group. Then, someone pulled the end of my jacket.

I turned around to see who it was. When I did just that, the hair at the back of my neck started to stand, my body temperature became cold, and I couldn't move a muscle. All I could do was scream from the top of my lungs in fear.

{Hana's P.O.V.}

While still picking up sticks, we heard a terrified scream. We all stopped what we were doing and paused for a minute. Akio then spoke up, "Didn't that scream sound like Ami-chan's?"