Chapter 4: Class Election

{Hana's P.O.V.}

Upon arriving at school, it was odd not see the five mean girls at the school's entrance again. But what was very odd was that in place of them, Takumi was standing at the school's entrance! Also, he wasn't surrounded by a single girl! I kept my cool and went in the school, Takumi walked with me too. He began the conversation.

"Hey Hana, do you know what today is?"

"Yes I know, it's Monday." I say nonchalantly.

"Pfft! No silly! What I meant was, what are the classroom activities for today?"

I was in wonder, so I asked him, "I don't know. Do you know? If you do, tell me!"

Takumi laughed at me and replied, "It's the classroom elections. Silly!"

"Oh..." I said faintly.

We then walked inside our classroom together. Almost everyone had a shocked expression on their faces when me and Takumi went in the room together. Minutes later, our adviser then came in and announced, "Okay class! It has been announced that we'll be having classroom elections today. So... Let's start the election!" She was very pumped about it.

Suddenly, she faced me to ask a favor, "Miss Hino, could you please be the one to write down the names of the people on the board? When we have elected a secretary, he or she will take your job after. Okay?"

I agreed to do it. Then the election began. For president, Takumi won by a landslide. For Vice-President, Takara was voted; as expected, she was the most popular girl in freshman year. But I had no idea I would be voted as class Secretary, well it is a tiring job... For Asst. Secretary, Ringo, a friend of mine. For Treasurer, Tomi, the richest Freshman. Ass. Treasurer is Raidon, a popular freshman male. Auditor is Jin. Business and Social Managers are Keiko and Ronin. Peace Officers are Keiji and Haru. Takai was voted as the class' Prince Charming and his Muse is Ami. After this Mika sensei congratulated us and announced break time earlier.

-----------------------------------------

Break time. Why am I stuck in the classroom again with only Takumi? He approached me and congratulated me, "Congratulations on being voted as Secretary, Hana."

"Thanks Takumi-kun. Congratulations on being class President." I replied with a weak smile.

"Thanks... Uhm? Hana, is everything alright?" he inquired.

"Nothing's wrong... It's that it's weird for me being voted, clearly 75% of the class hates me. Why would they even nominate me?"

What if they're using me again? Maybe this is some kind of trick. I need to be careful in this school.

"Don't be negative. Maybe they liked your penmanship?"

"Pfft! ... Maybe I'm just thinking too much...? Thanks Takumi-kun..."

-------------------------------------------

At lunch, even though I found a one person table and try to peacefully eat there, Takumi approaches, grabs a chair, and sits with me.

"Why do you always sit by yourself? Your friends are over there." he told me while pointing to where my friends were sitting.

"I just want to be by myself right now. Why would you care?"

He changed the topic, "So... Hana? Do you like being in the position of the class Secretary?"

"I-I don't really like it... And, why do you chat with me? What... what about your friends? They're over there. Or the girls who have a crush on you? Why aren't you with them?"

"It's that they're just so talkative, and I like being with you. You're not like them. You're silent, smart, and good."

I was happy for what he told me, and now I changed the subject, "Okay... After lunch when we go back to class, this time let's not go together in the classroom. In case they'll have bad assumptions again."

Takumi agreed, and after eating lunch, we walked to our classroom. We agreed on a five meter walking distance to go to our classroom.

{Keiko's P.O.V.}

"Taro! Toyo! Get ready with the bowl of flour! She's coming alone."

Heehee... Now you will be humiliated in front of the entire class for seducing my Takumi-sama and keeping him all to yourself...

{Hana's P.O.V.}

I came inside the room first, I saw Taro and Toyo and they splashed a big bowl of flour to my face that covered most of my body and even got inside my uniform! The class was laughing at me again. This has happened before. Takumi then came in and couldn't believe what had happened. He looked at me as tears started to form in my eyes.

Takumi spoke up, "Kisho? Hoshi? Where'd you guys get the flour?"

"Taro, maybe Tsukimori's gonna pour more on Hino!" Toyo whispered.

"Okay~! We still have extra. Here!" Taro showed the rest of the flour to Takumi.

I thought Takumi was gonna double my embarrassment, but I thought wrong, he helped me. He splashed the flour into Taro and Toyo's faces instead, making them blink twice in confusion. He then took something out of his pocket, it was a handkerchief. He tried to wipe the flour off of my face. The boys in our room were shocked, and some of the girls fumed up in jealousy.

"Here, we should get you all cleaned up. Let's go wash up by the water fountain outside." Takumi said leading me out the messed up room.

If my face wouldn't still be covered up with flour, Takumi would sure to see me blushing!

Upon walking to the school gate after classes were done, I ran to Takumi and told him, "Hey Takumi-kun, you shouldn't have cleaned me up in front of everyone that time at lunch break."

"Why not?" he replied with his left brow raised.

"Because when they saw you do that to me, they became enraged. And I think they'll do worse."

"Well then... I'll watch your back everyday." he replied with a warm smile.

W-Watch my back? E-Everyday?

"Well, I should be going now. See you tomorrow Hana." he waved to me.

"Bye." I waved back, still a little stunned from what he said.

Watch my back everyday?

Somehow, it sounds reassuring...