Chapter 63: Battle

{Hana's P.O.V.}

"It's alright Hana, this drug will only make you sleep and not feel any sort of pain..." said Rentaro as he came closer with the syringe in hand. Even though it was of no use, I just shook my head furiously in disagreement.

All that came to mind was - "Help me... Takumi-kun..."

The syringe then motioned closer to my arm, and I struggled even more out of fear. "Now, now, Hana, this'll hurt if you continue to squirm like that."

My tears were pouring out like a running faucet. I was clearly going to be abused at this point, but what I disliked the most was not having any emotions anymore.

The next thing I felt, was the needle piercing through my pale skin. I then felt weak and sleepy. I didn't want to sleep though, because I knew that the moment I'd close my eyes, is the moment I wouldn't feel anything at all.

Before I drifted off to sleep, a bright light shone from the side. I looked over to see Takumi-kun, who burst through the door and ran straight to me with a horrified expression that I couldn't quite explain. I couldn't move or say anything, but as I slowly drifted off to sleep, the last thing I saw was Takumi yelling words I couldn't hear to his uncle.

{Takumi's P.O.V.}

"HANA!!!" I dashed over to her as soon as I knocked the door open. She just stared at me sleepily. I guess Rentaro already injected her with the anesthetic drug.

As she slowly began to lose consciousness, I turned to Rentaro, only to spit curse words at him, "You f*ck*ng monster! Don't drag Hana into this madness!"

"Language Takumi... I just found Hana to be perfect for this experiment." he said as he placed the syringe down to grab one of his made gadgets used for scanning. I then stomped on over to him and grabbed a hold of his hand tightly before he could even touch Hana.

"Don't you dare lay a finger on her!" I was completely enraged right now that if someone else interfered, I could've punched them in the face.

"But I can't experiment on her if I don't touch her?"

"Stop messing with me old man! Don't you understand I'm telling you to give up?!"

"Make me." his expression got serious, "You know Takumi... I can easily take your smartness away in just the blink of an eye?"

My blood ran cold for a second. I knew he was capable of taking my I.Q. away, heck, he could even make me stupid for all I care! I just didn't want him to do these things to Hana...

"I don't care! Just find another test subject that isn't human!"

"O ho ho~... Trying to provoke me, Takumi?"

"I'm not trying to provoke you, I'm trying to tell you that experimenting on humans isn't right, and that you might be imprisoned for this, or killed even!"

"Better to die doing the things I love~! But... I won't die just yet, because I'm not contented with not knowing about human emotion..."

I clicked my tongue in anger as my fists curled up in a ball. Literally, just one more word out from him and I'm losing it.

"Now Takumi, just stay back and let me do my--"

**THUD!!!**

"What the f*ck is wrong with you?!!"

"I can't believe my favorite nephew hit me..." he said as he placed a hand on the cheek I punched.

"You deserved it!"

He then slowly stood up and spit some blood out of his mouth. "Sh*t... This isn't worth it, but, oh well..." as soon as he mumbled that last sentence, he ran towards me to give me a hard punch in the gut. It hurt like hell, but I managed to get a hold of myself and swung a punch or two before hitting the bottom of his jaw line.

Punches and kicks were thrown everywhere, and we were giving each other bruises as the fight went on. I got more bruises though, because I kept protecting Hana throughout the fight as he would play dirty and aim for the defenseless Hana as well.

The fight lasted for more than an hour, as I was doing my best to hold up. Thank goodness it ended with the police coming and arresting Rentaro. Minako had contacted them, and I left Hana in her care as I was then rushed to the hospital for my messed up body.

Even though Rentaro was a mere biologist, he still had a strong physique which still outmatched me. I'm just glad that he'll be away from us and confined in bars this time...

---------------------------------

Days passed by as I was excused from school and I finally got better. I finally got to attend school for being absent for eight days to heal. It was also two days ago that we heard that Rentaro was sent back to New Zealand a day after the police took him from our house. He was sent back to New Zealand to be imprisoned there for he had committed unforgivable crimes that the professors only noticed two week ago in his lab.

Apparently, two missing teenagers from New Zealand were seen in Rentaro's lab, one dead, and one barely hanging on to dear life. I couldn't even explain the fear I had for him now that I've discovered what he'd become...

Minako, Hana, and I can feel at rest knowing that he's in bars and far away from us for a life time, since he's been sentenced to lifetime imprisonment for his crimes. Thank God, Hana's also recovered from the short dilemma she had because of Rentaro.

I really hope that these days will turn out brighter, especially for Hana... A girl like her deserves to be happy, and I wish I can be that guy to give her all the happiness in the world. Hana's a really special girl, and she surprises me every time...

"Takumi-kuuuuun~!" Hana calls out to me, "Let's have lunch with everyone out in the garden."

Honestly, this girl is just too cute. "I'm coming! You guys go on ahead."

"You hear that Hanacchi! Takumi-kun's gonna catch up! So let's go! Let's go~!" says Rukia as she pulls Hana away.

"Hey! Don't cling to Hana-chan!" argues Minako.

**BONK!**

Ami bops both girls on the head and hugs Hana from behind, "Both of you should stop being so clingy! Hana was mine in the first place!" she argues and sticks her tongue out at the both of them.

"Hey! No fighting! I love you guys all the same~!" says Hana with a cheery smile and her signature blush. And the other three's eyes sparkle at Hana's cuteness and they make their way to the garden all laughs and smiles.

I couldn't help but let out a little chuckle because of the four girls being so perky on lunch time.

I just want the next days to be brighter for everyone...