Chapter 1: The New Girl

{Hana's P.O.V.}

I graduated middle school on the later month of March. I am going to miss all my friends back in my old school, since all of us were so close that we all felt like a family.

Of course there might've been some quarrels and disagreements, but everyone still got along in the end. Even the loners in class still had a great time, because everybody was so friendly. I really didn't stand out much back in middle school; I was only but a class representative and a studious girl. I even graduated as the top one in my batch.

None of us were really competitive with each other, but rather, we did our best so everybody could learn properly and have a good time. Those were the days...

I wish I could still keep that peaceful life going, even if I turn a new page in my chapter of life.

The past was really fun with my family and friends, that I wish to keep it, even though I would be transferring to another school in another town because of my mom's work.

-----------------------------------------

At long last, today was the day that I would be attending classes at my new school. Mom enrolled me in a Private Academy, since she wanted the best education for me to prepare for college. The school was called 'Sakura High'.

I was too excited to wait any longer, so I hurriedly prepared myself, and since I already readied the stuff I needed for today last night, I just grabbed my bag and kissed my mom and my little sis goodbye.

"Hana dear! Wait a moment!" called out my mother.

I turned to her, "What is it mom?"

"Don't be in such a rush. It's still early." she giggled at my eagerness, "Come and have breakfast with us first."

"No can do mom. I want to go to school now~!" I smiled giddily.

"You know, I'm going to a new school too Hana-nee." teased my little sister, Rini.

"I know... But, I don't know why I feel so ecstatic?"

My mom sighed, "At least have a sandwich on the way?"

I scratched my cheek in embarrassment and gave my mom an okay as I then go to the door to put on my shoes. "I'm off~!"

"Take care." my mom waved back and I then left the house to head on to school. I run off with the sandwich dangling from my mouth as I hurriedly munch on it on my way.

I wonder what my classmates are like?

Oh well... I guess I'll find out as soon as I reach my classroom.

Upon arriving at school, not much students have arrived yet since it was still a bit early, and the opening ceremony wouldn't start until 8:30 AM, and it's still seven. I was just too excited, I guess?

There are five girls standing by the school gate though. It makes me wonder to why they are standing around there for? As I came closer to the gate, one of them caught my eye, "Hello there!" said the girl in the middle, "Are you a first year?" she asked.

"Yes, I am. May I ask who you girls are?" I ask politely.

"Oh, how rude of us. We forgot to introduce ourselves! I am Nagasawa Jin, this is Nishizawa Dai, Nozomi Etsu, Higarashi Kaori, and Kohana Tori. We are the welcoming committee for first year students. And you are?" Jin asked me with a kind smile.

"Me? I'm Hino Hana."

"Okay! Come on then Hino-san, we'll show you to where your locker is and also your classroom. Class section?"

"1-A."

"Oh~! You're our classmate!" beamed Dai.

"You do know that the opening ceremony will start at 8:30, right?" asked Tori.

I nodded and they just laughed at me for being early. I just blushed in embarrassment. The girls were so nice, it was their job, but it felt nostalgic somehow. I had a feeling that high school would be lovely. After they showed me to where my locker was, we walked to our classroom. Before going in, Etsu suddenly pushed me hard, causing me to fall on the floor. An evil smirk then formed on their lips and Jin told me, "Welcome to our world!"

"And we don't like anyone getting in our way!" continued Kaori.

I bowed my head in fear as they walked back outside, laughing. It made me wonder if they really were the welcoming committee. They were just picking on a new student like me for fun. I thought they were nice girls, turns out I was wrong. I should really be careful the next time I encounter them. Never judge a book by it's cover...

----------------------------------------

After the opening ceremony was finished, assigned students were walking around carrying signs saying where a certain section's class would be at; and yes, those five girls were the welcoming committee. But why pick on me though?

When most students were settled in class, I picked the most comfortable seat I could find. And that seat was a window seat, in the second to the last row. I just liked sitting by the window. Although, our teacher might rearrange us later on.

Our teacher then came in shortly and introduced herself, "Good morning class. My name is Mamuro Mika, and I will be your homeroom teacher from today onward! I'm looking forward to a fun high school life with all of you." she smiled sweetly.

She looks very young, like someone who just passed their teacher's license exam. "I'm going to start role call. And when I call out your names, I want you to go to your assigned seat, since this will be your permanent seat for the whole school year, and also for me to familiarize my students." she continued and the class sounded in agreement.

There were currently twenty-eight students in class, so two seats were left empty. Maybe there were students who would enroll late. In our section, there were both fourteen girls and boys in class, including myself.

Our teacher assigned us our seating arrangements according to our last names. Luckily, I didn't get to move seats, since my last name was perfectly positioned to the seat that I had chosen earlier and am still sitting on.

At the end of the day, class was dismissed. This time, I made real friends, and they treated me well, as if we were family. Since most of us were new, we had difficulty bonding as classmates, but I hope we all will soon become great comrades. I am going to cherish the friends that I have now.

This ended my first day of high school...