Chapter 24: She's A Maid?!

{Hana's P.O.V.}

Days after our club field trip, I started attending my job more frequently. To get rid of the boredom and earn money for school and to buy something special for mom and my little sis.

On my break time, I heard my phone ringing... I walked toward my locker to see who it was. To my wonder, it was Ami... "Hey Hana-chan! You free?"

"Sorry... I'm currently at work now..."

"Awe... Can't you be excused for today?"

"Sorry, but I can't bail out... I've only been here for more or less two hours and I don't have a valid excuse... What did you want anyway?" I replied curiously...

"I wanted us to hang out with our friends, we were going to surprise you... Unfortunately, we forgot you have a job... We were supposed to eat sweets!" Ami replied with a pouting emoticon at the end.

"I'm sorry... But you should've texted me in advance. Maybe next time?"

"Yeah... We'll just go without you... But we'll be sure to hang out again soon enough!"

"I'm looking forward to it! Gotta get back to work! Text you later!"

As soon as I put back my phone in my locker, I go out and get back to working again. When the chimes rang as someone entered the cafe. I go straight to the door to greet the person. My cheeks warmed up a bit, but I'm not surprised to see him. Takumi comes here almost everyday.

I greet him with a sweet smile and led him to his table and took his order. Minutes after as I delivered his order to him, he thanked me and asked, "Do you wanna bite out of my parfait?"

"Thanks for the offer master. But I'll have to turn it down, I am at work."

"Awe... Boo! That's no fun..." he teased.

Minutes after, the chimes rang again and I hurriedly ran to the door. But stood there frozen by the entrance, and so did the people who had just entered the cafe...

They were my friends: Ami, Naomi, Kaiya, Takai, Ringo, and Yukio. I moved stiffly, "Welcome Masters and Miladies." I bowed awkwardly, I was sweating nervously right now. As I slowly raised my torso to face them, their reactions look like they've experienced something wonderful that they couldn't stop smiling.

"Kyaa!!! I didn't know you were working as a maid Hana-chan?! I thought you worked at some vintage restaurant or something?! Why didn't you tell us?!!" Ami said a mouthful as she pounced on me, hugging me like crazy.

"Hana-chi! You're so cute!!! Take a picture with me!!!" squealed Yukio.

"I'm sorry master, but photos with the maids here are not for free; they have to be earned. And I apologize Milady, but I am at work, so can you please let me guide you all to your table." I smiled nervously as I explained it to them.

"Awe... I need to earn it?" pouted Yukio.

"Oh! Sorry Hana-chan... You're just too cute in that outfit!" Ami's eyes were sparkling like diamonds.

As I lead them to their table, I took their orders. "Why didn't you tell us about this job Hana?" asked Takai.

"Sorry guys... But I was too embarrassed to even tell my friends..."

"Awe... It's okay... We get it..." said Kaiya as she smiled like a cat.

"I'm assuming Takumi-kun knew before us..." said Ringo as he pointed to the table where Takumi was sitting at.

"WHAT?!" they screamed, and all attention was on them.

"Please keep your voices down masters and miladies, you wouldn't want to be sent out, would you?" I say nervously.