Chapter 40: Role Playing

{Hana's P.O.V.}

After preparing myself to go to school today, I couldn't get the last few days' scenario out of my mind...

"Onii-chan?" Mi-chan called out to Takumi.

"You mean Takumi-kun is your brother?!" I asked, shock clearly seen in my expression.

"You know Minako, Hana?" Takumi asked me, his expression shocked as well.

"Y-Yes... We've been like sisters ever since we started being friends."

"Onii-chan... How do you know Hana-chi?" Mi-chan had a ghost-like expression.

"She's my classmate and friend." he replied blankly to her.

"So, you already know each other?"

Takumi didn't reply and just turned to look the other way.

"I gotta cancel this talk Hana. We'll talk at school sometime." Takumi said as he waved goodbye.

"B-But!..." he wouldn't face me no more, "Goodbye Takumi-kun."

"Hana-chi? Can you walk me home now?" her voice cracking up.

"S-Sure Mi-chan..."

"We weren't really close to begin with though. Maybe that's why..."

"But you told me in the past that you guys were really close!"

"It all changed in middle school..."

I didn't pry in further and just continued to walk Minako home.

Getting out of my own house, I was shocked to see Takumi-kun standing by my gate! Huh?!

 Hana! Hana! It's only Takumi-kun. It's only Takumi-kun. He's only a friend. Be brave and act natural. I clapped my cheeks then walked toward my gate. I casually passed by Takumi-kun.

He spoke up, "That's a weird way to say good morning, dear Juliet."

"Oh. Sorry. Good morning."

Wait, what?! JULIET?!

My cheeks burned up and I blurted out, "Wh-Why did you call me Ju-Juliet? What d-did you mean by that?"

"Pfft! I heard the teachers discuss about a Role Play that we'll be doing next week just before Christmas Break. I heard Freshmen are assigned to Romeo and Juliet. I want us playing the lead roles." he exhaled a breath of cold air.

He looked at me and asked, "Are you okay? You're cheeks look redder than usual."

I looked away and exclaimed, "I-It's because it's so cold and the cold made my cheeks this way!"

"Alright. Alright. I believe you."

"I don't think so." I mumbled. He chuckled as he heard me say that. But I had to ask, "What about Mi-chan?"

He sighed and told me, "I'll tell you when I find the right moment."

"Okay..."

--------------------------------------

Upon walking through the hallway going to our classroom, I asked, "What makes you so sure we'll be playing Romeo and Juliet? You didn't tell our teacher that we'll be the leads did you?"

"No. But when she see's how great we look together, I bet she will."

Does he even know what he's taking about? Ngh...