Chapter 23: Club Field Trip

Hana's P.O.V.:

On a hot summer Friday afternoon, I received a text message from the President of my club saying, "Members of Sakura High's Science Club. Sorry for the sudden announcement guys, but our club moderator has just approved of our request last June of having a summer field trip! So, this activity will take place as soon as possible. Meaning tomorrow! XD

This activity can also help boost your extra curricular points and we will be learning on the trip as well! We will be going to the Planetarium and after, the Aquarium! And after all that is done, we will all have time to go to the beach to have fun!

Us seniors even rented a beach house for all of us... We will be staying there for one night and will be going back home on Sunday... Ask permission from your parents or guardians guys. And see you tomorrow! ^_^ We will all meet at school at 8:00am tomorrow. Don't be late!"

Geez, club president was reckless in saying that when the activity takes place tomorrow! Oh well... Better ask permission from mom, then pack things to bring.

After my mom approved of me to attend tomorrow, I went back to my room and noticed that my phone was glowing. It was Takumi, he texted me, "You goin' tomorrow?"

"Yeah... Mom approved... Are you?" I replied.

"Of course I am! See you tomorrow!"

------------------------------------------

The following day, all of us Science club members were gathered at the school's entrance to head out for our field trip. Two buses came to pick us all up.

Our club moderator joined in on the field trip and arranged us on the buses, "The students to ride on the first bus will be the first years, who will be seated in front; and the second years who will sit behind the freshmen. On the second bus will be the rest of the Juniors; and at the back of them, the Seniors."

I found my seat by the left side of the bus by the window. There was an empty seat beside me, but was soon taken by Takumi who sat beside me. "This time, the beach will be grand." said Takumi.

I faced him and asked, "Wh-Why is that?"

He replied, "Because not one of the people who are mean to you or our other classmates are here with us. There are other first years from the other two sections, but only you and me are classmates."

After he said that, I felt my face heat up. Embarrassed, I looked out the window instead.

------------------------------------------

First stop. The Planetarium.

When we all stepped inside, we were all in awe to see that every inch of the inside of the building was designed to look like the outer space. Models of heavenly bodies were displayed and were given explanations and details.

Then, we arrived in a huge room. The setting looked like a movie house. We were all told to be seated, for the show would begin later on. Takumi still sat beside me. "I hope this seat isn't taken..." said Takumi sarcastically.

"Feel free to sit. Nobody has taken it." I replied giggling at his sarcasm.

The room then turned pitch black. The chairs then automatically moved on their own, making us face the ceiling. Then appeared many constellations and galaxies and other majestic sights in the universe were shown before us. It was so magical to look at, it took my breath away.

------------------------------------------

Next stop. The Aquarium.

It was fun walking around the aquarium looking at different sea creatures. Especially with Takumi accompanying me by my side. This day was never boring.