Chapter 27: Moon Viewing

{Hana's P.O.V.}

It's been a week since school has started. Autumn is closing in and the weather's starting to get cold. Everyone in the classroom is talking with their groups, sharing summer experiences and club activities done through the summer.

The class was quite lively, not saying it wasn't almost everyday, but there was a certain level which was a good kind of lively about everyone today.

Then someone approached me, "Hey... Hana-chan? Would you like to go out on Saturday with me?"

"What for Takumi-kun?"

"Well, it's a moon viewing day, where the moon will be at it's fullest and brightest, and it's a time where people would start making mochi..."

"Hmmm... Well, it sounds fun... Okay... I'll go..."

Takumi then smiled with so much joy. He looked like a puppy. Awe...

---------------------------------------

When Saturday came, I was preparing myself to go out. I thought, "Wait? Is this a date? I-I think so? What should I wear? How should I greet him? How will today go? I'm thinking too much..."

I inhaled and exhaled slowly to compose myself and started grabbing the most appropriate clothes I could find for today - a plain purple umbrella skirt with black leggings to pair, and a plain white long sleeved shirt with a Hello Kitty print on it and a pair of grey sneakers.

I looked at myself in the mirror and blushed. I took a beige muffler along with me to warm up my neck.

Rini ran up to my room and asked, "Onee-chan? Are you going out?"

"Yeah... I was just about to go downstairs. Why?"

"There's a guy at the gate... Maybe he's waiting for you?" Rini said with a sly grin.

"Wh-What?!" I ran downstairs to see mom peeking at the door's window.

As she saw me she rushed to me and asked, "Hana! Who is that good-looking guy out there?!"

I peek through the door's window and was shocked to see Takumi at my gate! I blush. "Is he the reason you're going out today?" asked Rini.

"Y-Yes... We were going moon viewing tonight..."

"He'll be with you for the whole afternoon up till night?!" mom started to sparkle again. She continued, "Is he one of the guys who gave you a stuffed animal?"

"Y-Yeah... The Rabbit..."

"Eeeeee!!!!! I hope he'll court you! NO! I know he will!"

I blush from my mom's words... "W-Well... I'm leaving now..."

"Okay... Good luck!"

"See you soon onee-chan!"

I cool myself down a little before talking, but I could feel my cheeks are still blushing.

Takumi's back was facing me, so I opened my gate and closed it again, and faced him from the side, "D-Did you wait too long?"

"Nah... It was only for more or less five minu—" he stopped when he faced me.

My cheeks start getting warmer, "D-Do I look weird?"

"N-No! You look cute!" a little blush escaped Takumi's cheeks.

"T-Thank you... Y-You look good today too..."

Takumi thanked me as well. He was wearing a jet black jacket with grey fur on the upper part, over a forest green shirt, paired with dark-blue jeans, black sneakers, and on his head was a grey beanie.

"Shall we go?"

"Y-Yeah..."

We then walked on our way to town. But I had the feeling that mom was still watching from the window... I blushed having to think that mom was watching.

--------------------------------------

Arriving in town, we watched some people pounding mochi from outside their stores. We also came across some places and actually bought a box of mochi. Some people pounding mochi also grabbed a hold of Takumi and made him pound mochi to attract customers. Well, he did... Mostly female customers though...

I giggled at the sight that there were some girls taking pictures of Takumi and even asking for a picture with him. Some even argued to who would pound mochi next after him.

Some girls even asked him if he was single or if he was alone right now. I don't know why, but my stomach feels weird now... Did I eat a bad mochi or something?

I ignored the feeling and saw that Takumi simply turned the girls' offers down humbly. "Sorry... I would love to, but I'm with my girlfriend right now." he replies as he places an arm on my shoulder.

I blush at his actions, and some of the girls pouted and some scowled at me. When we were far from the area, I spoke, "Uhm... Takumi-kun... We're far from those girls now... Could you please put your arm back down?"

"Oh. Sorry... Was it bothering you?" he asked as he snatched his arm away from my shoulder.

I was blushing so hard right now. "I wouldn't say it was bothering me... But why did you say I was your girlfriend when I'm not?"

"Well... It was to keep them from disturbing us on our day together." he smiled.

I blush at his response and we continue to walk on...

-----------------------------------------

When night came we sat at the town's park where everyone else gathered for the moon viewing...

"ACHOO!!!"

"Hana? Are you catching a cold?" he asks worriedly.

"Oh... Don't worry about me. That was just one sneeze..." I smile at him reassuringly then... Oh no... Here it comes... "ACHOO!!!!!"

"Haha! Stop tryin' to act tough. Let's go get some warm drinks..." he stands up from where we're seated and extends his hand out for mine. I reached out and grabbed his hand and he pulls me up.

"Oh! Wait a moment Hana-chan!" I turn around to see him taking off his jacket.

"Oh! You don't have to!"

"Please... I insist..." he says as he wraps his jacket around me. His jacket was huge! It was so long too that it hid my skirt! He only had on his green long-sleeved shirt to keep his upper body warm. I felt bad that he was keeping me warm while he suffered the cold. So, I handed him my muffler.

"Please... Wrap it around your neck so you won't catch a cold."

Takumi was shocked of my actions and gladly accepted my muffler. Gee... We seem like couple... What am I thinking? This is not what it looks like Hana! Come back to reality...

After finding a vending machine, he buys me hot cocoa and coffee for himself, then we go back to sit in our area. "ACHOO!!!"

"Oh no! Are you catching a cold now Takumi-kun? Please take your jacket back!" I say as I start taking his jacket off.

But he stopped me, "No. No. Keep it on... I'm a strong guy, so I won't catch a cold..."

"But —"

"Hana... It's okay... The cold doesn't bother me... Besides, your muffler's keeping me warm." he smiles as he grips my muffler gently.

My cheeks heat up at his words. Then we glance at our watches seeing that now should be the time the moon should be at its fullest. We then look up towards the sky, the moon looking bigger and brighter than ever. It's beauty was so mesmerizing. I can't look away from its beauty.

Then someone grabs me from behind. He embraced me tightly and tries to pull me away from Takumi. I scream in fear, "Kyaa!!!"

"Hana!" Takumi faces me and tries grabs me by the hand.

He then plasters a raging expression to the guy holding me.

"Why you—"