Chapter 47: White Day

{Hana's P.O.V.}

It's Wednesday in the middle of the month of February, and it's still so chilly... Just a month and a half more till I graduate from being a first year student and evolve into a second year junior student. The days just seem so quick you know?

As I readied myself to get out of the house and go to school, I was still dressing myself when mom called out to me, "Hana dear, come down quickly!"

"Just a minute mom! I'm still putting my socks on!"

Suddenly, I heard someone running to my room and burst open through the door, "Onee-chan! The blond haired prince, Takumi-nii-sama, is outside our front gate!!!"

My eyes widened and I blushed hard, "WHAAAAAT?!?!?" I knew that Takumi would drop by my front gate to walk me to school every now and then, but it would be totally embarrassing when either mom or Rini would know about it. Although, they've witnessed it from time to time... But I can't still get used to it...

As I was completely ready, I saw mom peeping out the window again. This time I smiled. How many times has mom done this? It was cute though, mom acts like a high-schooler for her age. I'm not saying mom is old, but she's so perky...

"Hana dear! Your prince awaits~!" she beamed. I laugh awkwardly from mom's statement.

"It must be nice to be young... Your father was always this sweet too in the past..." her enthusiastic smile turned gloomy.

"Stop it mom... We don't want to bring up sad memories, right?"

"Yeah..."

"Well... I'm off..."

"Good luck onee-chan~!"

"Fight on Hana~!"

I just laughed at their childishness and bid them a goodbye. As I stepped out my front door, as if hearing the door shutting, Takumi glanced up at me and I started to feel my cheeks heat up. I thought I was used to this routine already???

As I went out my gate and closed it, he greeted me a good morning, and I did the same to him. As we were on the sidewalk of a road far from my house, Takumi shuffled his hand in his blazer's pocket and grabbed out a little white box with a pink ribbon tying it; he motioned it in front of me saying it was for me. I held the box in my hand. Curious and confused, I asked, "What's this for, Takumi-kun?"

"Pfft! I knew you'd ask..."

I was embarrassed that I didn't understand the situation and more of because Takumi was laughing at me being stupid right now. "I-I'm sorry..."

He smiled sincerely at me and patted my head, "It's okay... Happy White Day, imooto-chan..."

He's calling me imooto again...

"H-Huh? Wh-White day???"

"Yeah! You know that day in the middle of February after Valentines that it's the guys' turn to give chocolates to the girls..." he said nonchalantly.

"Ohhh.... Huh?! EEEHHHH?!?!?!" I blushed intensely...

"Pfft!!! Hahahahaha!!!!!" He laughed so hard at me being lost and bewildered. I blushed harder and looked the other way. "You're so cute Hana..." he said as he patted my head again, and it surprisingly calmed me down.

"Th-Thanks again Takumi-kun..."

"Don't mention it. But call me onii-chan when we're alone."

I blushed, "O-Okay... O-Onii-chan..."