Chapter 45: Cafe Sitting

{Hana's P.O.V.}

It was just a normal day at school today and not much had really happened. We finished classes a little earlier today, so I had enough time to go work at my part-time job.

Last Monday, our cafe's manager, Aika-san, had been attending some late night meetings that were required for cafe managers. So, she would always ask one of us to watch the cafe before she returns. This evening, Yoko-san would be watching the cafe.

"Yoko-chi, I'm sorry, but could you watch the cafe this evening while I'm gone?"

"Sure thing Aiko-chan! I'll take care of your cafe."

"Thanks! You're a big help Yoko-chi!" Aiko squeez-hugged Yoko.

"Be sure to lock the doors and watch your surroundings Yoko-chi. Because when I finished cafe sitting yesterday and went out through the back door, I saw a mysterious guy standing by the alley looking at me." warned Iva.

"You saw him too Iva-chan?" asked Akina worriedly.

"So you saw him too?"

"Yeah! Was he wearing a black fedora and a long, dark-brown leather jacket?"

"That's the one!"

"Did you see him when you were cafe sitting last Monday, Tani-chi?"

"Surprisingly, the alley was empty the time I left." Tani shrugged.

"So, he started when it was my turn?!" worried Akina.

"Be careful Yoko-chi! Men can't resist you!" warned Iva.

"No need to worry you guys! I can handle him. I may be sexy, but I am tough!" Yoko boasted.

"B-But! Don't be careless! He might be a thief. Or worse, a rapist!" Aiko answered.

"I will manager!" she gave us a bright smile.

--------------------------------------

Friday, after school, I went straight to the cafe. Takumi followed me as usual.

"So, I heard there's a mysterious man that waits outside of your cafe?" he asked.

"Yeah. But all I've heard is that he's only stood in the corner and st—.. How do you know?!" I faced him, confused.

"I overheard." he shrugged.

"That sounds a bit creepy." I gave him a weird look.

"I'm no stalker if that's what you think, alright?" I just stared at him.

In the staff area, we all asked Yoko if she saw the strange guy last night. She then laughed at us, "You guys were just too delusional or maybe paranoid. I looked at every inch of the alley and saw no one!"

"B-But! We really did see him!" whined Iva.

"Well, maybe he stopped?" thought Akina.

"At least he's not a problem anymore..." said Tani.

"Yeah... Oh, and Hana-chan?" Aiko faced me.

"What is it Aiko-san?"

"I'm leaving the cafe in your hands tonight, alright? You're not busy are you?"

"No, I'm not. I'll take good care of the place, Aiko-san!"

"Thanks Hana-chan!" We all then went back to work.

Takumi was sitting by his usual seat this time and I took his order. Before I left him, he asked me, "Who's turn is it for tonight?"

"Pardon me?"