Chapter 21: Summer Fright (part 1)

Hey guys! I will warn you that in this part, it's gonna be a horror story. I am trying to make it scary as possible that even I will have goosebumps myself in typing it. I apologise in advance though if the first day story or first two days stories are a little boring. But this chapter is horror worthy! Hope you enjoy this chapter, the other chapters, and the chapters to come. Thanks for liking this novel of mine... :3

~Kurisu-chan

{Hana's P.O.V.}

"Th-There w-wasn't?! Then wh-what d-did I j-just---" my eyes widened, full of fear.

I could feel the heat of my body escaping, the hair on my skin standing, and my body turning weaker and weaker.

I didn't want to believe that what I just experienced wasn't a stupid horrific dream.

But I was wrong...

--------------------------------

(Before all that)

Summer Break started last week. But all of us had already known that there was a three day and two night summer camp in our school. It was done by year level; Freshman students would be in the month of July, and the Juniors and Seniors would have theirs somewhere in August.

All three sections in first year, accompanied by their homeroom and assistant homeroom teachers, will be camping in the woods which is 30 minutes away from the school by bus; and it's very convenient that our school will allow us to use the school bus when going to and returning from the camp site.

(First Day)

Inside the school bus going to the campsite, Ringo sat beside me. I knew what he was doing. Ever since his confession, Ringo has been very considerate to me and is very sweet. But he won't give up on his promise.

We were still talking about how fun the trip would be and how neat the area would be; but when Ami called out to me in a shaky tone, "Ha-Hana-chan... L-Look out the w-window. I think t-that's where w-we'll be camping..."

I listened to Ami and looked out of the window. What I saw made me have goosebumps. Our camp site looked unreasonably spooky for some reason in the late July. There were a lot of old trees in the area, but the cabins where we would stay in looked very old. Maybe even looked like cabins for runaway criminals to stay in.

"S-Sensei? Are those the cabins that we're supposed to stay in for these three days and two nights?" asked Jin who also seemed afraid.

Mika Sensei heaved a sigh, "Sadly... Yes... Those are our school's cabins. This entire forest area is owned by our school for many academic and co-curricular activities. This place hasn't been used for the last nine months though, so it was decided that when we arrive, we'll all have a general cleaning for each cabin assigned to you."

---------------------------------------

Finally arriving on the site, we were split into groups for different cabins. There were six big cabins and two little ones within the area. Of course the splitting had to be like: Cabin 1 - Class 1-A girls, Cabin 2 - Class 1-A boys, Cabin 3 - Class 1-B girls, Cabin 4 - Class 1-B boys, Cabin 5 - Class 1-C girls, and Cabin 6 - Class 1-C boys. The two other little cabins were one for the female faculty and the other for the male faculty. There was also a big picnic area with a little hut beside it where we could cook our meals.

After other announcements from the teachers, we started cleaning our cabins. After we would tidy up the cabins we would clean other areas in the vicinity. Even though we were cleaning, it was also a fun experience, cause after we made Cabin 1 look like an actual cabin for us to actually live in, me and my friends moved on to clean around the picnic area; even the guys joined us.