Chapter 36: Game Day

{Hana's P.O.V.}

It's been a month and a week now since the second semester has started, and five days ago I was held captive at Takai's own home. I had a good time talking with him and his father, it seemed as if we were already family.

Takai and his dad both grew silent. "W-We can talk about something else if this is too personal..." I tried to change the topic.

Darn! This is making me feel bad...

And nervous...

Tatsuo then stood up and walked towards a drawer that was at the end of the room and pulled something out that looked like a book. He waved it to us and Takai flashed a gentle grin.

The maids and servants took what remained of the food that we couldn't finish and the three of us sat huddled in a circle as Tatsuo placed the book in the middle.

It was an album...

Before he opened the album, he looked up at me and Takai and uttered with a warm smile, "This is all of the pictures I have of me and Yuriko. I hope you find her pretty..."

As he opened the first page, my eyes widened in shock to see - myself, but with shorter hair...

Tatsuo let out a laugh, "I see you are shocked. This is not you, this is my wife and Takai's mother when we were still in high school... Sorry I had to stare so intensely at you when you came in, it was because you looked so much like Yuriko, I couldn't help but study you. Maybe that's one of the reasons why Takai was fond of you."

"Yes, Hana looks like mom in the pictures, but Hana has won my heart, not only because she looks like mom and is beautiful, but because she has a pure heart of gold too..." Takai smiled warmly which made me blush.

We looked at all the pictures in the album while Tatsuo shared stories about each of them. Indeed, me and Yuriko did look the same, except for the hair length, but there was one thing that made us very different. In Tatsuo's stories, Yuriko was strong-willed and very active, while I, on the other hand, am very soft spoken and fragile.

That Saturday afternoon, after having dinner together, Takai walked me back home, apologized for suddenly being kidnapped, and thanked me for bearing with them.

Before actually leaving me at my front gate, Takai kissed me on the forehead before he bid me a good-bye.

I gently held my forehead, looked at Takai who was smiling as a shade of pink showed on his cheeks, and I blushed as well. He laughed at my reaction and waved me a good-bye...

Our midterm exams would be two weeks from now, and the school festival would start next month. Today was a Thursday, so, I would start to prepare for midterms. For, I would still be busy with many things, especially when I have a job, so I need to have an early start.

Before classes started today, sensei told us that we had an annual Sports Day that would be held on Friday (tomorrow) of the second month of October. We would be competing against the second and third years to win various prizes.

----------------------------------

The following day...

Upon coming to school today, every student at school seemed so pumped up. Sensei approached us very energetically, "Class?! Are you ready for today's fun activities~?!"

"YEEESSSSS~!!!!!!"

"These games can also give you plus points on your extra curricular activities. And you can also win prizes!"