Chapter 8: A Visit to the Café

{Hana's P.O.V.}

Today is a Saturday, and I'm working... Welcoming and serving customers, smiling, making people happy. Mom was right, this job suited me well. It's been more than a week now since I've started working here, but I feel really at home.

The atmosphere in this cafe was really soothing and all my co-workers are really kind and friendly. This place just seems like all the other cafe's I'd read in manga's or watch in anime. Although, our place is not too flashy, it still had that relaxing vibe that makes you want to be at ease.

After serving a customer her parfait, the door's bell rung. Since the others had their hands full, I went to answer to the incoming customer. Things were going so smoothly until - Takumi walked in the cafe...

It was so sudden, which took a toll on me. But I had to do my job, "Welcome back master!" I try to put on a smile despite feeling a tinge of awkwardness in the air.

"Pfft! Now that's cute." he said tormenting me.

I laugh nervously, "Please don't tease me master." I then led him to his seat and asked him in a low voice, "Why are you here?"

He flashed a little smile at me and began to explain, "Well... I asked you yesterday if I could come that time, but you said no. Then I asked you again that time yesterday if I could come today, but you ran off without saying anything, so I took it as a yes."

Darn! I was being stupid...

I sighed in defeat, "Okay then. What would you like to order master?"

"I'll have one cup of coffee please."

"Very well master." I bowed and went to prepare his coffee.

After I served him his cup of coffee and attended to the other customers. I always had a weird feeling that I was being stared at by a 'certain somebody'. It creeped me out. I really had a hard time trying to focus on all of the other customers knowing that Takumi was here watching me as I work.

He's enjoying this, isn't he?

I couldn't help but think that this is all a plan of some sort to get back on me for something that I might do to upset him. Or maybe for him to make me do things that he wants while I stay quiet about it.

Gaaahhhh!!!! I can't shake off these negative thoughts!!! I know Takumi is a good person, so why think badly of him?! Stop it feelings! Stop confusing my mind!

Although, Takumi was a bit - or rather - a lot stranger today. Why? He drank one cup of coffee for two hours! Two hours!!! When he finally finished, he approached me and bent down to whisper, "We should do this again some time." then patted my head.

I don't know exactly why? But I took five steps back and I felt my cheeks become warm, "Uhm... Well, please come again master."

"See ya on Monday!" Takumi-kun told me with a warm smile and my cheeks heated up even more! I bowed my head, feeling embarrassed for blushing intensely. I heard him chuckle, then he left.

As soon as he left, I took the opportunity to go to the employees room to cool myself down. I stared at the ceiling and thought to myself, 'Why didn't I say 'no' yesterday? And why was he drinking one cup of coffee for two hours? Was it an excuse to observe me work for TWO HOURS?' Ugh... I just need to calm down...

The manager came in to get something, and as soon as she saw me, she exclaimed, "Hana-chan?! Are you running a fever?!"

"Wh-What? N-No... I'm fine... Really..." I wave my hand at her.

"Then why is your face red?" she titled her head to the side innocently. But, as she told me that, I blushed even more. And then manager's lips curled up into a cat's smile, "Ehh~? Was it because of that blonde master that was here moments ago?"

"Manager!" I whined.

"So it was~! Is he your boyfriend?" she beamed.

"Of course not! He's just a classmate." I say, as I try calming myself down.

"Awe... Is that so?" she pouted. "Is it okay that he knows though?"

Manager knows that I don't want anyone from my school to know that I'm working here. That's why it takes me a train's ride here. "He's alright. He promised me." Manager then smiled and patted me on the head, saying that I shouldn't worry. After her encouraging words, I went back out to continue working.

--------------------------------------

When I came home from work, I found my sister, Rini, in the kitchen. "Onee-chan! Welcome home!"

"Yeah, I'm home. Where's mom?" I say as I place my things on a chair as I come to help Rini in what she's doing.

"Oh! She found a job as a house help which pays more than what she's paid for as a fruit vendor."

"Oh... That's great! When's she coming back?"

"Don't know. She said that they're letting her sleep there if she wants, cause it's five miles away from our house."

"Ah... As long as she takes care of herself..."

"Anyway... I prepared dinner onee-chan! It's fish, shrimp, and rice balls! Shrimp was on sale!"

I had to giggle at my enthusiastic little sister, "Sorry you had to do all the cooking Rini-chan. I'll do the dishes, okay?"

"Sure..." she beamed, "Now let's eat! I'm starving!"

"Alright... Itadakimasu!"

While eating, Rini never fails to have a little talk with either me or mom. "Onee-chan! How was work today?"

I almost chocked on a shrimp, "Uh? It was great..."

"Ah... That sounds nice..." we continued to talk about more random stuff, well, mostly about school and wondering how mom's doing. But, it was better than not talking at all and just silently eating.

After dinner, I washed the dishes while Rini helped to dry them. When we finished, we said goodnight to each other as we went into our separate rooms to do whatever else we had to do before sleep.

I just laid on my bed to finish one of my novels, but my thoughts soon traveled else where and thought about what happened earlier today. I then soon start to blush as I remember Takumi petting my head.

What a day, huh?