Chapter 18: Study Group

{Hana's P.O.V.}

It's the first week of July, meaning that summer is just around the corner!

Final exams for this term are closing in. I need to do my best!

Today is the first Friday of the month, and before classes ended for the lunch break, Takai approached me. I thought he just wanted to talk, but he came to ask me for a favor. "Hana? Can you please help me in understanding certain details in Math and English?"

"Sure, why not?" I agreed happily.

Takai was also a smart and good-looking guy. Usually, I thought that guys with great looks wouldn't really worry about their grades, I thought they'd just worry about how they would look like. But one example that proved me wrong was, Takumi. Takai also ranked 9th on our year level's midterms.

"Great! Are you free tomorrow?" he asked me.

"Yes, I am..."

"Awesome! Can we study tomorrow in the town's library?"

"Alright. It sounds nice." I smiled in approval.

Then, a shadow appeared behind Takai. "Awe, count me in our your study session Ta-kun!"

Takai nearly got a heart-attack, "Geez! Don't scare me like that Yukio!"

"Heehee... Sowwy... But? Can I?" he begged childishly.

"Sure...." said Takai with a heavy sigh of regret.

A while later, our other friends started to listen on in what we were talking about; and soon enough Takumi and the rest of our friends came to join in, and instead of a study session with me and Takai only, it became a study group!

--------------------------------------

Saturday...

Arriving at the town's main library, I saw that Takai, Yukio, Ringo, Kaiya, and Naomi were all in the library's tutoring area. Some of our friends hadn't arrived yet, so we started off without them.

Yukio maybe asked to be tutored on all the subjects, for he wasn't the brightest in our batch. I'm amazed how he got into the 1st section though. Maybe he is bright, but just goofy.

Ringo and Takai would ask a lot about Math. They would understand, but sometimes get lost in the X and the Y's. But they catch on fast.

Kaiya and Naomi would ask me about History, but I told them it's all about memorizing. We even had a quiz game in the library about our lessons in History. In that way, we could easily remember important details.

An hour and a half later, Takumi came along and Ami followed a few minutes later. We continued on with our lessons and Takumi helped in teaching the others. He even taught me little tricks in learning too. Maybe I can beat him this time?

At lunch hour, all of us decided to eat by the park near the library. Everyone brought their own bentos, except for Yukio, he went ahead of us to buy lunch for himself.

After lunch, I went to find a vending machine to buy my own drinks, because everyone had brought their own. After punching in the button and reaching out for my drink. Someone placed their arms on the vending machine, allowing me not to escape. I peeked at who it was, and was surprised to see Keiji!

"Ooo... I didn't expect to meet you here miss Hino..."

I was still turning my back from him, and so I replied, "I'm here because of a study group."

"Really~? Is that so?" he purred.

"Yes. It is so."

Unexpectedly, Keiji-kun blew on my neck! "Hiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed from the sensation.

The hair on the back of my neck stood up, and I quickly went under his arms to escape from his imprisonment. He was laughing on the way I reacted, "Well now, this is rich."

"Just leave me alone, will you?" I say to him as I was still holding the area he blew on.

I attempted to leave, but Keiji grabbed me so hard that it felt like he was going to twist my wrist! "K-Keiji-k-kun... Y-You're hurting me..."

"Oh am I?" He then stopped the hard grip and forcibly raised my hand near his face and sniffed my palm. "Hmmm? It smells so sweet..."

I tried to free my hand, but he pulled me in by the waist and his face neared mine. He placed his hand upon my cheek and stared at me seriously.

{Takai's P.O.V.}

I wondered why Hana was taking so long. So, I told the others that I would go and get her, in case she got hilariously lost.

While walking around the park I saw a couple about to kiss in public by the vendo machine. I was about to turn around and leave, but something caught my eye. That's no couple!

I ran to the scene to stop Keiji from kissing Hana. Thank God I was just in time!

"What do you think you are doing Keiji? PDA?! With Hana even!"

He slapped my hand away, "It's none of your dang business Takai!"

"Guys harassing Hana when she doesn't like it IS my business!"

Keiji clicked his tongue in annoyance, but grinned and swiped Hana away, "What if she likes it?" he said trying to lift up Hana's chin.

But Hana pushed Keiji away with much force and shouted out, "Of course I don't like it!"

"Awe.. See Takai? You ruined our moment..." I wanted to punch Keiji in the face right now, but I tried to compose myself. I didn't want to act like a delinquet infront of Hana. I was about to oppose again, but Keiji cut me, "This' gettin' borin'... I think I'll go on my own way now..."

All I could let out was a "Tch!". He then faced Hana and smiled, "Sayonara Hana-chan! It was nice spending time with you for a short while." he then glanced at me and said, "And Ichihara-kun, stop being a killjoy." Keiji then went away with a smirk plastered on his stupid face.

{Hana's P.O.V.}

It was great timing that Takai-kun came too look for me, he stopped Keiji just in time. We then agreed to never mention this to anyone or talk about it ever again.

Reaching the area where our friends waited I apologized for taking so long, and I made up an excuse saying I got lost on the way back because the vendo machine was so far away from where we were at. Then we went back inside the library to continue where we last let off.

_______________________

Hey guys!!!

I hope that HDHSD has been a good story so far. I hope that you guys will love this book and continue on reading it... :3

Please Support - Share - Vote - Comment~! :D

Tell me what you think? :)

~Kurisu-chan