Chapter 37: School Festival

{Hana's P.O.V.}

Weeks have already passed by and we are now in the cold month of November. Our school is also preparing for the School festival that is fast approaching this week.

After our last class in the afternoon, Mika sensei came in our room and announced, "Class, as you all know, this week will be a very busy one, because next week will be the opening of Sakura High School's Festival! The selected theme involves the concept of 'Happiness', and each year level and section needs to prepare a presentation for the festival. I want one that's eye catching and full of cuteness!" sensei smiled in excitement, "So???"

Most of the guys in class huddled up in a circle and whispered things together. I was full of suspicion to what they were planning on doing for our class.

Toyo popped up raising his right hand, "Sensei! We've decided..."

"We'll present a—" continued Ryuji.

Then all the boys shouted in unison, "MAID CAFE!!!"

No!!! Even though not everyone in class knows, but no!!!!!

Sensei just giggled, "Well, does anyone oppose to this idea?"

I do... But if I raise my hand, I'll just be a nuisance.

Even my friends who already know my job wants to put this plan into action.

No one stood up in contrast to the idea. Sensei clapped her hands twice and said, "Okay class! It's been decided that we'll present a Maid Cafe! You have until Sunday to prepare yourselves, cause the festival will open on Monday... Boys! I need all of you to be the judges to which lucky seven girls will be our maids!"

I knew nothing good could ever come to this. Just as sensei said the last sentence, most of the guys had evil grins on their faces. I know I wasn't hallucinating.

They chose the first six girls which were: Ami, Takara, Cho, Naomi, Kaiya, and Jin. Ryuji then stood up, "Hey guys, let's not forget the cutest, little-miss shy girl she is!"

"HANA!!!" all of them chimed in my name... I was in for the worst.

I couldn't help the fear building up inside of me. I bowed down my head, then an unnoticed tear ran down my cheek. "Hino-san? Are you okay?" sensei asked with worry.

I quickly wiped my tears away, "Yes sensei. I'm alright."

"Awe... Hana's shedding a tear of joy. How cute..." Ryuji said convincing sensei, who smiled at me and I just smiled back in reassurance.

Ryuji raised his hand, "Sensei can the maids do whatever their masters and miladies tell them to do?"

"Well, maybe so? It's in the maid conduct... I think?"

What?! Why did sensei agree? I want to oppose, but nobody else is. I'm afraid if I do, the class will be mean to me again...

-------------------------------------

After the meeting, I was in charge of cleaning up, so I was the last one in the room. I had just finished clean up duty. Suddenly, the door slid open. I looked to who it was. Ryuji. He stood in front of me. As I stared at him, he smirked then grabbed my shoulders and pushed me to the wall. He then let go of me and placed both his hands up on the wall, side by side, not allowing me to escape.

His face closed in to mine. Our noses were maybe two inches close to touching each other. He stared into my eyes and told me, "Not only did I have you as maid-for-a-day, but I'll get to have you as a maid again for this year's festival. Aren't you the lucky one?"