Chapter 13: An Accident

First week of June. Rainy season begins.

Monday. The three bratty girls; Keiko, Cho, and Shika, have gone overboard with their plans this week.

{Hana's P.O.V.}

After classes today, I had gone out the classroom a little late, because I was assigned on cleaning duty today.

I walked to the veranda on the second floor of my school's building. It faced the school's garden. I came near the railings, held on to it, and just stared at the flowers and the trees in the vicinity. Soon, it began to get very cloudy. I should really head to my part-time job. It might rain soon, and it's getting late.

"Well, well, well." I turned around to see my classmates, "It's the girl who seduced almost every guy we ever admired girls!" said Keiko.

"Oh hi girls! Why're you still here?" I became nervous...

{Takumi's P.O.V.}

Now I really feel like Hana's stalker. I was supposed to go home today, but knowing she was on cleaning duty today, made me wanna stay and be with her. But I turned into a coward and just stayed here in the school's garden anyway.

Above me was the second floor's veranda, which would have a great view for the garden. Even though it was only the second floor, but it was too high off the ground. If someone would jump off from the second floor, they're legs would be broken. If someone jumped off the third floor, they would die. I wanted to go up to the veranda, but I wasn't prepared to see Hana just yet. I feel unprepared.

"What makes you so special? Did you hypnotize them? Did you pay them?"

Hmmm... Are there some girls arguing above me?

I peeked in a little, making sure to see and not to be seen.

I saw an angry Keiko, Cho, and Shika. When I tried to see who they were picking on; I became worried, for they were picking on -- Hana. All I could do for now is listen and watch.

{Hana's P.O.V.}

"Com'mon now Cho-san, don't be like that. I don't know hypnotism, and you know I'm not that rich..." I tried to calm them.

"Yeah... But I bet you've been stalking Takumi Tsukimori!" declared Shika.

{Taumi's P.O.V.}

No, I'm the one stalking her...

Out of my dismay, Keiko suggested something that made me fume at them, "Girls! To solve this problem, the answer is to get rid of this low-life! She doesn't deserve to be alive!"said an enraged Keiko.

What happened next almost gave me a heart attack...

Keiko pushed Hana off the second floor!

{Hana's P.O.V.}

Keiko pushed me off the second floor of our school building, I was falling.

Why do horrible things always happen to me in this new place? I'm just being myself, but some still don't accept me for me. When I hit the ground, if I don't die, I know I'm gonna be hospitalized for a long time, and I don't want mom and Rini worrying about me...

A loud thump echoed out. Why does it feel soft? I was expecting the hard, concrete ground... I opened my eyes, and to my horror, I was lying on top of Takumi-kun!

"Oh no!!! Takumi-sama!!!" shouted Keiko; the other two were in a daze too. They all ran away after.

I tried to call out, "Takumi-kun?"

No answer.

"Takumi-kun!" I was on the verge of crying. But then to my relief, he spoke, "Thank goodness I caught you. Are you hurt Hana?" he held my cheek.

"N-No. But you are! Why did you d-do that?! Why did you save me?!" tears formed under my eyelids.

"I didn't want you to be badly injured. You're special to me..." he wiped away one of my tears.

"Thank you. Ca-Can you stand?"

"Yeah, I can." when he tried to stand up, his face looked pained.

I tried to touch his arm. "Ahhh! Tsss..." was how he reacted. He was really hurt. His left arm was swollen from catching me, to the impact when we fell on the ground. I'm sure his back is injured too.

"We should get you to a hospital immediately!" I was horrifyingly worried.

"No, I'm alright."

"No! You're not! Look at you!"

He might've sensed how worried I was because he just then told me, "Fine. But accompany me to the hospital? Please?"

I agreed.

-------------------------------------

Upon arriving at the hospital, I called for a doctor and told him why Takumi was in this current state. They then took in Takumi into a room, and I waited outside.

After a while, the doctor came out and told me, "It's okay, you don't have to worry much. It's only minor injuries and bruises. He has a couple of broken bones and tissues in his left arm though, but we'll be able to heal it lickety-split in a week."

I was happy to hear the news, "Thank you so much doctor!"

"You're welcome. You can go in now if you want to see your boyfriend."

My cheeks burned up, "He-He's not my boyfriend!!!" He's just my friend!!!"

"Of course he is." the doctor walked away, seeming not to believe me whatsoever.

I knocked before coming in. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm a man of steel!" he said trying to be cool.

"Oh yeah? Then why's the 'man of steel' in a hospital, covered with bandages, and has a cast on his left arm?" I asked to tease him.

"Because the man of steel was trying to save a damsel in distress even if it meant his own life."

I blushed.

"Why Hino? You're blushing!" he pointedly said.

I looked away and declared, "No I'm not!"

"Okay! I have heard enough lies out from you young lady, so stop it! I don't wanna hear another lie coming from you, okay?" he was upset.

"I-I'm sorry..."

"Hmph... You know Hana, you're a girl who easily gets into trouble?" he said staring at the ceiling.

"Oh? Am I? I'm sorry..." I bowed my head.

He faced me, "Why're you apologizing? It's not your fault. Besides, I always entangle myself in your problems. You've already been a part of my life."

My cheeks heated up even more.

He continued, "Oh! I almost forgot. Try to be safe tomorrow, or for the rest of the weekday."

I was confused and I asked him why. He replied, "Because I have a feeling that you'll be in even more danger when I'm not around, and the doctor says he'll let me out on Saturday."

"Okay, but what do I say if they ask where you are?"

"Just tell them I had a weight lifting accident."

I just nodded to what he said. We then said our goodbyes, and I went on my way to my part-time job...