Chapter 28: The Challenge

{Hana's P.O.V.}

Takumi grabs me and snatches me away from the other guy's hold. I ran behind Takumi to hide from the guy. "Awe you're no fun Takumi." he pouts.

"What do you want with Hana, Ryuji?"

"I was simply jealous of having to look at the both of you be all sweet here, I wanted some action for myself..." Ryuji smirks as his gaze stops on me. I could only shiver in fear.

"Stop scaring and trying to sexually harass her!"

"Please... I only startled her. I haven't done anything beyond that."

Takumi-kun stares at Ryuji like he's waiting for him to attack so he can counter it. "Takumi, the real reason I'm here is that I want to challenge you..." explains Ryuji.

"Challenge me on what?"

"You see... I saw on Hana's job's blog that they're going to open a new event... It's a 'Win your maid for a day' challenge. It intrigued me, so I thought I'd join and try to win Hana for a day. Hehe..." he chuckles to himself.

Shivers ran down my spine at the thought if Ryuji would win me for a day. I don't want that to happen!

Takumi then grabs Ryuji's collar and glares at him. "I accept your challenge!" he declared as he flicked his hand away from Ryuji and stepped back.

"Great!" Ryuji says as he fixes himself, "The challenge will be this Monday at the maid cafe at five in the afternoon. Don't be late!" he said as he waved us goodbye and walked away.

---------------------------------------

After the moon viewing event, Takumi walked me home. He was silent the entire way home. But he finally spoke when we reached my gate.

"I promise you I won't lose Hana."

He looked so worried, so I tried to cheer him up, "I have faith in you Takumi-kun."

I gave him back his jacket and he my muffler. He bid me goodnight, gave me a big hug, and walked home.

I couldn't help but worry too.

--------------------------------------

Finally, Monday came.

After classes, Takumi walked me to my job. But he seemed strange today. His nose seemed quite red and so were his cheeks. Why is he blushing? Then what I feared most happened. "ACHOO!!!"

I placed my hand on his forehead, "Oh my gosh! Takumi-kun! You have a high fever!"

"This is nothing Hana-chan... I can still win today's challenge." he sniffs.

"But you're sick!" I protest.

"I have to leave that aside. I'm worried that I'll lose you to Ryuji!" he looked worried.

"Okay... I believe in you." I managed a smiled for him.

Arriving there, I then changed into my uniform and then the manager made her big announcement, "Good afternoon masters and miladies! We here at the maid cafe, have a special activity for today! It's a 'Win your maid for a day' challenge~!" The guys in the store were the most who were fired up.

Manager continued on, "There will be challenges put up for you. To the maid you would want to spend a day with, go to the isle with her name on it. The challengers would have to compete against each other in certain games, and the last man standing will have to compete against the maid herself! If you win, you'll have her for a day. If you lose, you don't. That sounds simple right? Good luck!"