Chapter 39: Reunited

{Hana's P.O.V.}

Weeks have past since our school's festival was over and the final exams for this term was nearing. Today was a Saturday, but I decided to take a breather from studying and from work. So, I decided to walk around town to wherever I could go.

I was strolling in our town's park when I heard a cute, high-pitched voice call out to me from afar, "HAAAANNAAAAAA-CHAAAAAANNNN!!!!!!"

I turned around to be given a great big hug from a girl my height. She had such a cute smile on her face while her hot pink eyes sparkled at me. "Mi-chan!"

Minako, or "Mi" for short, is one of my closest childhood friends. We knew each other since we were in the third grade of elementary, but she had to move away when we reached middle school. We were so close that we seemed a lot like sisters than best friends. We did everything together.

Now, I've finally met her again after three years. "Mi-chan! How are you? Where do you go to school?" I asked her with so much curiosity and happiness that she was back again.

"I'm doin' alright... I'm going to Himemiko Academy. What about you?"

"I go to Sakura High School."

"Sakura High! No way!!! I'm going to transfer there next school year!" her eyes sparkled even more.

"Why? Do you dislike Himemiko Academy? Do people not treat you well?" I asked worriedly.

"Nope! I'm very popular there, but my brother is currently in Sakura High as well and I wanna be with him and you in the same school!"

"Wow! That's amazing! Your brother goes to Sakura High? What year is he in now?"

"He's actually a first year now. So, I'm guessing you're in the same class with him or he's in another section..."

"Hmmm... What's his name?"

"Nope! I'm not tellin' ya! It's more fun if I introduced him to you." she giggled.

Minako is a very cheerful girl, since she's been spoiled a lot by her current parents. And oh, Mi-chan is adopted. She cried about it to me about this back when we were in the fourth grade when her parents finally decided to tell her about it. She finally got over it after three months, since she was loved very much by her current mom and dad.

Her parents died a long time ago in a car accident, and the parents that took her in now were very close friends with her real parents. They volunteered to take care of her. The accident happened when she was only a year and five months old. She was still so young, it was a miracle that she survived the crash.

It's funny though that I've only met her mom twice. Her dad's currently working in Paris as the CEO of a well known business corporation, and she hasn't introduced me to her brother even once.

How ironic right?

We then talked about random stuff together while we walked around town. Mi-chan even bought me a charm bracelet to serve as a gift for us reuniting again. She loved to shop. She is spoiled.

Because Mi-chan was like a sister to me, I introduced her to my job. Where I worked and how I would work so that she could visit me sometime and to try out our delicious desserts! I just missed Mi-chan a lot. "Are you finally staying here for good Mi-chan?" I asked her.

"Well, if my dad doesn't want us to move again... So, yeah!"

"Where do you guys live?"

"Well... Dad's still in Paris... So I'm living with mom in our new home!"

"What about your brother?"

"Even though he's the true son, he wants to experience independence and live his life on his own. But sometimes I think he's being selfish." she pouted.

"Well, to each their own..."

"Yeah, but speaking about my brother, I think you'll fall head over heels in love with him!"

"And why's that?"

"Because onii-chan is H-O-T hot!"

I could even see her cheeks redden a little as she spelled out the word 'hot'. But then it hit me, "Mi-chan? You don't happen to like your brother in that way, do you?"

She looked down, obviously embarrassed, "W-Well, he's hot, tall, smart, nice... Err... Just perfect!!!" she screamed out and blushed, "Besides, we're not blood related!"

"Hahaha... Oh Mi-chan... I've never seen you like this before. You're so cute!" I said as I pinched her cheeks.

"Stahp phinshing mah sheeks..." she then rubbed her cheeks as I let go, "What are you Hana-chi? A grandma?"

"That's mean..." I pouted, and the both of us just laughed at how childish the both of us were being right now. I just missed the old days so much that I treasured this moment right here.

{Minako's P.O.V.}

I missed Hana so much! She's like my own big sister. I can't wait to introduce her to my onii-chan, I know she'll get jealous. Nyahaha...

I known my parents might be spoiling me a lot, but I tend to spoil Hana a lot too.

Suddenly her phone rang...

"Mi-chan, I got to take this first okay? This'll only be for a while."

"Okay... I don't mind."

"Hello...?

Oh, hi!

Hmm? Oh, yeah. I took the day off today...

Sure, why not! I'm with a friend now.

You'll know soon. She's a childhood friend. I'll introduce her to you!

I'm at the town park, by the fountain.

Okay, we'll be waiting!" she smiled brightly as she ended her call with the person on the other line.

"Who was that Hana-chan?"

"Oh, he's a friend and classmate. He's just around the corner, so I'll introduce him to you when he gets here." she had a sincere smile on her face which actually made me nervous to who this person was. I just nodded at Hana in approval.

We then headed for the bench to sit down and wait for this person, but it didn't take too long because Hana called out to the guy, "Hey Takumi-kun! Over here!"

He didn't quite seem to notice me yet. But as he was in a closer range to us, he was shocked to see me, and I knew the reason why.

Instead of him voicing out, I was the one who gasped...

"Onii-chan?!"