Chapter 53: Bashful Dinner

{Hana's P.O.V.}

Me and Takumi were the only ones walking home because he promised my mom that he'd bring me home before dinner time. As we arrived at my gate, Takumi stuttered in trying to say something, but somehow couldn't.

"What is it Takumi-kun?" I asked, confused at his bashful appearance.

"Y-You see... Well... I-" he got cut off as we heard my mom call out to us.

"Oh! Hana dear! You're back! And with Takumi-kun as well! You're both just in time, dinner is already ready!" she then closed the door and walked towards the both of us, she faced Takumi and asked, "Can you please have dinner with us Takumi-kun?"

"Well... U-Uhmm..." He stuttered.

"You're not busy are you?" mom gave him her puppy dog eyes. Oh no...

"Well, I'm not actually..."

"Perfect! Please have dinner with us~! I won't take no for an answer..." she pointed out.

Takumi sighed in defeat and answered, "Alright Mrs. Hino... Thanks for inviting me." he smiled warmly which made my mom's eyes sparkle.

As we entered my house, we took off our shoes and mom prepared indoor slippers for Takumi. "Welcome home onee-chan~!"

"I'm back Rini-chan~!" I replied.

"Pardon the intrusion." said Takumi.

We gathered by the dining area and was in awe to see that my mother had prepared a banquet! I think she also did this on purpose if Takumi was ever gonna bring me home. Yep! That's my ever supportive mother...

"Mom, I need to put all my things in my room first alright?"

"Sure thing dear."

"Let me help you, Hana-chan..." volunteered Takumi.

"No. No. No. I can do it~!"

"But you can barely see where you're stepping, carrying all that."

"It's fine, I'm fine~!" I try to reassure him, but then on the first three steps on the stairs, I lose my footing and fall backwards. I close my eyes tight and wait for the impact.

*THUD!*

I fell alright, but it didn't hurt like I'd anticipated. The floor was rather softer than what I'd thought. "Hana-chan! Are you alright?!" Mom hurriedly dashed to me. When I had turned around, I saw that I was in Takumi's arms, and that he had saved me from the fall.

"Ta-Takumi-kun! I'm so sorry for being such a clutz!" I say as I get off him and help him up.

"Well, that's what also makes Hana-chan cute." he smiled at me which made me blush.

"A-re? A-re a-re a-re?!?!?! Am I interrupting something here~?" mom was standing there the whole time and I completely forgot about it!

"Eeehhh???!!! N-No, it's not like that mom!" I wave my hands at her.

"Mmhhmmm... You can't fool me dear~! And please be more careful..." she said as she went back into the dinning area.

Takumi helped me carry my things up to my room, "Just set them here in this corner, I'll sort them out after all this..." I instructed him and he obediently followed. I then went to my study table to grab a hair clip to keep my hair together so it won't be all over the place. I peek a little at Takumi who's looking all around my room, like memorizing everything in it.

"So this is Hana-chan's room, huh?" he said out of the blue to get rid of the awkward silence.

"Y-Yeah... It is..." was all I could say.