Chapter 58: Cruel Past

{Takumi's P.O.V.}

The man I didn't want to see the most has shown himself yet again to me.

Rentaro, mom's older brother and my uncle, has been the very main reason why I moved out of the house. I've gone through so much from him that I don't even want to breathe in the same air as him.

On the inside, I just wanted to punch his guts, but restrained myself, "What are you doing here?"

His stupid grin was enough to make me believe that he was up to no good again, "What? Can't I come to visit my adorable sister, cute niece, and handsome nephew once in a while?"

"You've seen us already. Now leave!" I demand.

"Takumi!" my mom scolds, "That is no way to talk to your uncle!"

"I'm sorry mom." I bow at her and as she goes back in the kitchen, I then turn to whisper to Minako, "Remember to lock your room shut when you go in and check twice before doing anything else, okay?"

She nods at me and walks past us, "Mom~! I'll be heading up to my room! Good night~!"

"Good night dear! Sleep tight!"

As I take off my shoes and try to walk past Rentaro, he stops me, "Please wait for a moment. I would like to have a word with you."

I narrow my eyes at him, "What do you want now?"

He holds up his hand, then peeps in the kitchen, "Sister, may I borrow Takumi for a while?"

"Sure... Go ahead~!"

"Thank you." he bows then motions to me to follow him. We go inside his room and I stand by the doorway, "Please close the door and take a seat anywhere you like Takumi." I give him a glare but just does what he says. He sits on the edge of his bed, while I take a seat by the chair on the desk far from him.

"What do you want now?"

"Now, now, Takumi... Be patient... We'll get there..." he grins at me like the devil, "Why are you so far away? Come closer to uncle so you can hear me."

"I'm perfectly fine where I am now."

"Suit yourself."

Because of what I've gone through with this stupid man, I am no longer comfortable knowing that he's still around. I don't want him harming anyone else dear to me.

"Takumi... About that girl you were with, Hana-cha-"

"Don't you dare even come close to her!" I spat before he could even finish his own sentence.

He laughs at me, which pisses me off even more, "Relax! I won't scare her..."

"LIAR!!!"

"Calm down... I just want to get to know the girl who stole my cool nephew's heart."

"I'll say it as many times as possible. 'STAY AWAY FROM HANA'!"

"My, my, the youth these days are so hyper..."

"I don't want to hear anymore. Just leave first thing in the morning tomorrow!" I yell one last time before leaving his room and checking on Minako first before going into my own.

I quickly change into my home clothes before flopping on to the bed and going into deep thought.

Why doesn't Rentaro go back to New Zealand or go elsewhere than in our town or even in this very country?!

You know what, I should just stop thinking about it. Stressing over him right now could be bad for my health and could shorten my lifespan...

...In the past...

"Uncle Ren! Uncle Ren!" a twelve year-old me, ran towards the man I've always admired aside from my dad, "Look at this huge stag beetle I found outside!" I was overly excited to show him the bug, asking almost anything about it.

Uncle Rentaro, was my mom's older brother, and he had been a prominent figure to me. He's taken the role of a father to me and Minako, since my real dad is very busy with work and doesn't have the time to come back to Japan from Paris.

Uncle Ren is a college professor who teaches biology in New Zealand, and because of him, I've become interested in the study of life itself and every little living thing on earth. Even though he teaches out of the country, he'd still find the time to visit us to hang out or play.

He has also taken care of me and Minako while mom wasn't around and he kept on helping us on things we had difficulty on. We had so much respect and love towards uncle Ren, but he had to ruin it all...

On summer when I was around thirteen years-old and Minako was twelve, mother had left us in the hands of uncle Ren to go to Europe for work. Since uncle Ren was in the middle of finishing his thesis, he didn't really pay much attention to us, but we left him to concentrate on his work. He was just here to babysit us without any of our parents around.

One afternoon while me and Minako were doing the household chores together, we heard uncle Ren shouting and laughing from his room. We sneaked by to peek inside. His room looked like a tornado hit it and there was this deep black ominous aura surrounding the place. Uncle Ren looked like an evil scientist, like he snapped under pressure.

Me and Minako couldn't believe the sight, but we agreed that we didn't see anything and went back to doing the chores.

Later that night, I couldn't sleep because of what I've just witnessed earlier today. I tossed and turned in bed with my eyes wide open. Then suddenly, I heard a quick scream and a loud thump. What came into mind first was Minako.

So, I sneaked out of my room and peeked into the hallway. There, I saw a smiling uncle Rentaro with Minako sleeping in his arms. 'Did he knock her out or something?' I thought. And as the scene itself was creepy, I followed them.

Since we had a basement, unlike other houses, it served as uncle Rentaro's research lab when he would stay with us.

As he went down the basement, he then laid Minako on a flat silver table. I was sickened on what he was doing next. He started to undress Minako.

I just couldn't keep quiet, "Uncle Ren! Stop!"

He stopped, and he gave me his gentle smile, "My, my... Did I wake you Takumi?"

"What are going to do with Minako?!" I ran down the stairs to face him.

"Oh... Nothing much..." he shrugged.

"Don't lie to me!" I yelled, and when he tried to reach out to me, I slapped his hand away, "Don't touch me either! I am getting Minako out of here!"

As I walk past him and fixed Minako's shirt, uncle Ren grabs me from behind and places a handkerchief to cover my nose and mouth. But, it had a rather weird , and I soon fell asleep...

The moment I woke up, I notice that I am also on one of his silver tables. But I feel very cold, I couldn't move also. I scan myself as I notice that I am stripped up to my boxers and am tied up tightly.

I couldn't even move well too because of being knocked out earlier by what he made me inhale. I then look around and see Minako, just a meter away, staring at me and crying. 'She woke up before me?'

I also notice that she is tied up on the table and is stripped down to her underwear. Both of our mouths are also sealed with duck tape so we won't scream for help.

What is uncle Ren planning on doing to us?!